Opinions on Title Situation Wanted

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jake, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

Ok so trying to figure out what to do about this situation. I bought a car off a coworker back in October of last year, we did a bill of sale and what not. All he had was a copy of the title (salvage title, he bought from a salvage dealer and that's all they gave him), and at the time I figured no biggie. Went to get the car registered, and tag office says it has to be a blue title (salvage or not) i.e. original no copies, but not a big deal its in his name. So all he had to do was go to the DMV and request a copy (like $8). Well there's the catch, I bought his only car and the DMV office is like 20miles away. So, I let him borrow the car while i came home over Christmas (saved me $$ on parking at the airport) with the intention he used it to get the title taken care of. Surprise surprise, he didn't. A week later, I gave him an ultimatum; give me the title by next Friday or $2700 for the car (bought it for $2000, cost $700 to get it to pass inspection. i knew it needed work). He immediately 'jumped to action' started updating me on things, like how he tried to just manually change it to my name and it didn't work and then he just filed for a lost copy and they sent it to Corpus Christi (??? no idea here), and is supposedly in the works. This has been over a month since he has been trying to get a copy of his title. Basically, I know I'm getting dragged around. I bought the car as a beater/DD, but it needs to get registered or i'm facing a heavy fine if i get pulled over, and points on the license and frankly i'm tired of dealing with the idiot. He's a coworker, but that doesn't matter, i've made it clear we're not friends just because i bought a car from him.

So my question is: what's next? sue? (that's what my boss suggests, but is it worth it? plus, i'm broke and don't have time to deal with that) have a lawyer send a letter to perform? give him another demanding request?

Cliff notes: bought a car from a coworker, in October, still hasn't delivered the title, giving me the runaround, what to do?

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

remove everything that can be linked to you from the car, build fake bomb, leave at airport, call tip line from homeless shelter.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

haha, that was a thought. sue him, junk the car/part it out. buy something else

4. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Let me know he has x number of days before you contact lawyer. Give him one more chance and any excuse better be backed with undeniable proof.