Bunched Panties thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRboXer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Good god people blow some god awful money on this stuff. Cool results though.

2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Im trying to say that you like men. ?

Honestly that im in awe people buy new ~$30k vehicles and drop another ~$15k in making their cars more unreliable and tank the value of their car. $45k can buy a few fast cars from the factory that will infinitely maintain value better and relaibility. Thats the way i look at it.

Your car doesnt count, unless you dont get some sort of a shop discount and/hook ups.

3. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I don't find it surprising at all. Name another car that I can build like this, take to the track, go mountain biking/camping and take my kid to daycare.

People double the price of the GT-R's and other cars. Why is it weird to do it with a Subaru. Mine and this car are actually more the average than the high end. There are people who dump a lot more than we did into their builds.

It all really comes down to what you want out of a car.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

This is really accurate. Atlanta just has a lot more broke ass wannabe subaru owners who don't want to put any money into their car. Look at NY, Cali, Virginia, Texas, etc...there's way more Subaru owners with more mods on their cars than here. To each their own, but to shit on someone else's build is rather childish...

Hell, there's more highly modded/built Subaru's in FLORIDA than here in Atlanta.

5. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

You can obviously do whatever you want with your money. I am well aware of the amounts of $$ people drop on cars, a couple of those higher end cars are in my family. $45k is still alot of money to spend on a car that needs short block refresh every ~50k miles. But if you are convinced a new built subaru is the only way to get the performance you desire, of course there is no arguing with that.

6. Biggis

Biggis Member

Judgmental much?

Let the guy enjoy sharing his story.

Personally I think its awesome.

I hope it puts a smile on the owner's face each time they turn the key.

7. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Who is shitting on the build? My only agruement is value. Im sure the car is plenty fast and turns a really fast lap time.

Also obviousy i need a better job. Anyone hiring?

8. rsutton1223

There is not another car that fits into my lifestyle with this performance. Trust me. I know. I searched out every viable option.

Go on iwsti and look at the 08+ build threads. They make my car look mild.

9. Matt

It seemed as if you were shitting on it. :)

Also: www.air-watch.com is hiring :rofl: (I laugh because there's at least 6 members of this community who work there...and I've got another 5 or so friends outside of here who work there.)

10. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Yeah, my original post contained something where i said "cool results", which means i still think its a cool car and a cool build.

11. rsutton1223

Value is relative. Mine has great value to me because I get to enjoy a build that fits into my lifestyle. A Z06 or BMW would have zero value to me personally as one can not fit my kid or my bike and the other is a lot more costly to mod. I would be in a GT-R if it was more bike friendly.

Long story short...what you consider value is not what others do. Like I said before, there is not another car on the market that I can have this much fun with that fits into my lifestyle...for me that is TREMENDOUS value. No one mods a car and expects it to make them money...they do it because they love it.

That makes your "value" argument irrelevant and screams of shitting on someone else's thread.

12. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Ok, so i should have said "There is a whole lot more money spent on this car then the average tuner subaru, but cool results". I suppose thats alot less disputable then "god awful". Noted for the future.

13. rsutton1223

Like I said before, check out the 08+ build threads on IWSTI and you will see that it may be more than is spent locally...but not on Subaru's as a whole.

14. Matt

:hug:

15. rsutton1223

And why do you have to say anything about the money spent at all (I actually spent much more overall so I guess that makes mine more than god awful)? If you like the numbers and the car...just say so. There is no reason to bring that aspect up at all.

16. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Duh it went back to value which I tend to care about. All I saw when I saw that car was overall money spent through the life of the car and thought "man that must be one dedicated and/or driven owner to eat that much cost".

I'm over this subject if you want to be.

17. rsutton1223

You didn't buy it or build it so why do you care?

18. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

homos

19. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

People discuss things that surprise them, like the size of a tree, or the lengths people will go to ascertain certain goals. I am a surprised individual commenting about just that. You are smart enough to know this. Wtf are you still harping about.

Cool car, bet its fast, I'm surprised to the lengths of action the owner took to ascertain his goal. I bet he is fun to party with.

20. Biggis

Biggis Member

-deleted for being just another post poking the fire.

enjoy the car!

21. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Cool car!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  22. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

He said he's over it. Let's drop it and move on. God forbid someone has an opinion that doesn't mesh with the rest of the community.

23. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Looks like we have successfully shat all over this thread.

Everybody takes different paths to some extent and we all have different perspectives. Why suck all the fun out of this? I enjoy living vicariously through other people's builds, because with my priorities where they are and my current income I won't be doing as much as quickly as say Robb or this particular build. That being said I've been enjoying my STi for about 7 years and during that time others have built monsters, sold them, and owned 4 cars since. All of this has helped me make decisions for my car.

I don't see anybody hating here just sharing their opinions.

Thanks for sharing.

24. rsutton1223

That is exactly what I am saying just said much better than I did. There is no reason for "cool car but you are an idiot for spending that much money in my opinion" on a thread like this.

25. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Yeah quote where i said that. Oh thats right you cant, and even though you assume i implied it, i didnt. You have a problem kid, and all i have is a personal opinion on what i thought. Get over it. Kudos to this car. Hopefulley you are more chill in person then online.

Quite frankly you are a bit of a pissy bitch online and im dont trying to defend my one liner that stirred this thread to shit.

Thanks.

-Stephen

26. rsutton1223

Sorry. I paraphrased. You obviously don't agree with it and that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to always share it.

And I am sorry if I am coming off as bitchy online lately. It just seems there there are certain members on this forum that would rather post something negative than constructive or even helpful lately. That scares off new members and most of the people that are doing that on this board right now don't even own Subaru's anymore. We should be trying to attract new owners rather than acting like WRXAtlanta.com is just a sounding board for keyboard courage and saying whatever the hell we want. There is a lot of that going around lately.

If I was over sensitive...so be it. I am just tired of certain things that have been going on around here that do not foster growing the community...rather acting like this is just a place to be negative. Just my opinion of course.

- Robb

27. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

CTS-V Wagon:)

Seriously though, you both have good points but I will never do it again. If I ever buy another Subaru, it will be strictly a race car. Rob, it is all good when the car is running but once the motor goes, the downtime of not having your car sucks. For me, the worst part of it was having to explain to my kids that Daddy's Zoom Zoom was broken again. They loved my Legacy....I think the best time I had with it was when it just the stock motor with the DeadBolt 20G.

28. Matt

IMO, you were trying to re-invent the wheel with that car. There's nothing wrong with that, but you get to a certain point that you're doing more harm than good with the vehicle. It's frustrating to no end, and I've seen how frustrated you got with that car. :\

29. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I was actually chasing a number......and certain things like voltage drops on the FPCM which leans out the motor at 25+ psi does not do well.

30. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

ding ding ding

always a dangerous spot to be in...especially with a daily driven subaru

31. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

What ever became of that wagon...do you still own it?

32. b reel

b reel Active Member

think he sold it or was pending sale last we talked

33. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I thought WRXAtl had a lot of thick skinned smartarses on here and we could express our genuine opinion and even accept bickering about it. Apparently opinions are no longer accepted. Oh well! Hey kinda sounds like the path America is going down now.

This goes both ways.

34. J_P

My panties are so far up there I really hope they come out before C&O.

35. J_P

Things have gotten a little weird in the last year, but you haven't been banned in quite awhile. I think you've been slipping.

36. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Bwahahahaha thanks for the laugh.

Just a fact...I've never been banned ;) I asked to be :rofl:

37. b reel

b reel Active Member

to late Ball, gangbang is over it's just cuddle time now

38. J_P

I always figured that was like breaking up with your girlfriend after you hear she's going to dump you. :rofl:

39. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Dang now I got Sprite all over my keyboard.

40. techlord

techlord Active Member

Chasing #'s almost never end well. Except for me isn't that right CelticP? That aught to get his panties in a wad.

41. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I'm Irish....no panties found.

In our case we never blew our cars up. We did it right :naughty:

42. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Hey, stop plugging my company without sending them my way. You are costing me referral money! hahahaha

43. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Why do People hate?

Trying to find out why people hate can be an easy or difficult task. It depends on the individual. At the same time, knowing the reasons can help you respond. It can also help when you feel this emotion swelling inside you.

1.Betrayal

One of the most frequent reasons is the feeling of betrayal. If you find out that your lover is having an affair, it naturally leads to a feeling of anger and bitterness. This feeling is very powerful, and it can lead to drastic actions. You only need to watch the news to see what steps betrayed people take to “get back”.

Not only is this one of the most common reasons why people hate, it is also one of the hardest situations to control. It’s due to the fact that the betrayed party will feel “justified” in taking revenge. As such, it takes a lot of willpower to act and respond in a rational manner.

2.Political / Racial / Ideological Differences

If you read the news, many of the conflicts in the world arise due to competing ideologies. The most tragic example of this was World War II, where Hitler’s hatred of the Jews led to their massacre. The Ku Klux Klan is another example of racial discrimination leading to deep seated bitterness. To this day, racial crimes are still a problem.

Ideological disputes are used to explain why people hate. The most striking example was the Cold War. The differences between Communism and Capitalism pushed the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation.

3.Religion

Religion was never meant to foster discord yet so many people have used it to kill and oppress others. Go through any history book and you’ll see this fact. The early Christians were massacred in Rome. In the 14th century, the Spanish Inquisition burned people at the stake for practicing other faiths.

20th century conflicts, from the Arab/Israeli battles, to the disputes in Ireland to Islamic extremism; all have their roots in religion.

Again, this isn’t to say that having a religious belief is wrong. Rather it shows how it has become another reason why people hate and are willing to kill for it.

4.Business and Envy

Others feel spite when they see someone becoming successful. This can be seen in the office or among business competitors. The feeling can begin with simple spite but end up as bitterness. People who feel this way may take various actions. It can range from making snide remarks to spreading vicious lies.

5.Tolerance Needed

If you sense this feeling inside, you must acknowledge it. Step one in dealing with a problem is admitting that it is real. The second is to look at it objectively. If you look at the causes mentioned above, the solution is the same: tolerance.

It’s only by accepting other people’s beliefs and actions can this emotion be controlled. Knowing why people hate is just one step. By learning to accept others for what they are or have become, the negative feeling can be reduced, if not totally eliminated.

Four and five so apply here!

44. Jake

Jake Active Member

in the end, a car is only worth what someone is willing to spend (both while they own it, and when buying).
    PERIOD

45. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

problem found.

my next ride:

[​IMG]

46. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

LOL it's the only thing I can hold down at the moment. Fighting a stomach bug :|

47. J_P

What Trancetto posted is pretty accurate. However, in this situation I believe it is more of an issue with people not liking any opinion that differs from theirs. Some people are overly sensitive and think sharing a difference in opinion is hating. If everybody was the same there would be no conversation. Conversation is healthy and entertaining. A bunch of yes men (and women it seems) agreeing with each other makes for a very boring place.

48. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Hey Nicad is it possible to make the 999Motorsports SuperSport street legal? That thing is sick.

[​IMG]

49. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Werd. I dont give a flying fuck what people do and dont want to spend money on, or anything else for that matter. Doesnt mean i cant be surprised at something out of the statistical norm and note it in a public post. Coulda worded it better for the thin skinners is spose.

This is going to go down as my best thread derailment to date with fewest words used to begin said derailing haha. :)

Honest to god, no hate ever intended even if that is how its perceived.

50. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Doesn't everything turn into a 'hate' crime?