I Think USPS Stole My Package

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Apr 11, 2013.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

So I bought my mom a laptop, and had to install stuff on it for her. I live in Atlanta and she in New Jersey.
    I shipped the package via the post office on March 29 with an expected delivery date of April 5.

this snapshot taken on April 11 at 12:19am
    [​IMG]

And you know what? No package...and tomorrow will be day 13 since the drop off date.
    I find it ****in nice and convenient how the package which just so happens to be a laptop is the one that disappears out of the 4-5 other items I have shipped over the last 3 weeks.
    My mom called them on Monday asking about it and they told her to give it until tomorrow (Thursday) before calling back. I have to wait 21 days from the ship date to file a claim and I'm glad I got the $600 worth of insurance I did. Anyone now how the USPS claims process is for their own ****-up?

2. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Knowing USPS, it will be hell. FedEx was difficult enough, I can't imagine what miracles bureaucracy will work for you.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  3. orndog

orndog Member

If it does show up, make sure she opens the package and tests it before signing acceptance. It's been lost too long to just accept, and once she does no more insurance. If the delivery person doesn't like that schedule with him/ her for pick-up at the post office and make them take it with them.
    Oh... and they gotta make up their budget somehow.

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

This is one of the reasons I try to never, ever ship via USPS.

5. FACE

FACE Active Member

And they wonder why they're going broke

6. Max Q

Max Q Member

Too big to fail. Advancements in technology be damned.

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

Good luck getting any money from them. I've been waiting for my 275 for years.

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

bloated, mismanaged, hamstrung by congress and union negotiated benefits package? sounds like GM

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

because congress screws them over.

10. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^ not just them...

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

i've had 3 birthday cards with $$ and gift cards go missing since i've been out here....

12. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

only, there's no non-complete law protecting GM from Ford, or something

13. nygiant

nygiant Member

well my mom called again yesterday asking about it and they gave her the run around...transferred her to random extensions, were rude, non-helpful etc. she was piiiiissed. she let me know how she felt about the post office via email that day...pretty graphic...geez mom

14. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

That is why you never send cash in the mail. Fail on whoever sent that to you.

15. nygiant

nygiant Member

well considering its a federal crime to open someone's else's mail, i guess some people would think it'd be a safe thing to do *shrug

16. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Those same people think a sign that says "GUN FREE ZONE" will keep guns out of that area.

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

when i said $$ i meant a check...yeah no one i know is dumb enough to send cash. but i think the gift cards are probably the biggest giveaway, you can feel those through the envelope and they are anonymous, so easy to steal

18. nygiant

nygiant Member

I just read online that here in Atlanta, the USPS auctions off "lost" or otherwise undeliverable mail
    smh :|