P0171 problem

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by caleno1610, May 14, 2013.

1. caleno1610

caleno1610 New Member

I have an 2005 wrx n its time for me to get emissions done . I have a CEL n i cant get it to go away . I have an aftermarket intake, downpipe, bov, and exhaust . Ive been reading a lot on how i can get this code to
    Go away but everyone is alllll over the place . My dumbass went to the subaru dealership in gwinnett n the said to start by replacing the AF sensor which can cost up to 450 dollars there i was like helllllll no. So im looking to see if anyone has the same problem. I also think it could be the stupid aftermarket intake that i bought the car with. Any help? Or anyone selling their stock intake airbox . That could be a start to my problem.. Help help help

2. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Are you on a stock tune? I'd ditch the BOV and go back to the stock intake. Also try cleaning your MAF and check your plugs and vacuum lines.

Surely it's one of those, right?

3. caleno1610

caleno1610 New Member

Vacuum lines check out fine . My car is stock tuned

4. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

I say try going to o'Reilly or any part stores and buy a can of mass air flow sensor cleaner and take the sensor out and clean it and see if that helps, if not make sure all clamps are good and not leaking anywhere...

^^^As i was typing this ChrisW pretty much answered it haha

5. caleno1610

caleno1610 New Member

And i dont have stock parts but the stock downpipe . Im looking to buy stock parts to get my car to pass emissions

6. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Do you have a catless down pipe? If so then that's the problem. Try using some spark plug anti foulers to space out the o2 sensor. That should fix the problem

7. caleno1610

caleno1610 New Member

I bought a maf sensor . Drove for a couple of miles n it came back on

8. caleno1610

caleno1610 New Member

Ill try doing that hopefully that fixes the problem.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

This

10. caleno1610

caleno1610 New Member

Before i had the Catless downpipe i had this cel

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I'll be Capt. Obvious and say that with all that aftermarket...you need a tune.

12. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

I put a bov on my sti and got the same code. put the stock one back on clear the code and you should be good

13. caleno1610

caleno1610 New Member

I dont have stock parts . Im looking to buy stock parts in any member has them for sale so this stupid code will go away

14. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

you should give allpro a call, they have a lot of parts, and a ton of knowledge to get you set straight

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member