Online Parts (nuts bolts)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wileycoyote0022, May 18, 2013.

1. Does anyone know of a online catalog to order nuts and bolts per the car. I was working on my wifes car (08 Scion Xb) changing the rear brakes. I rounded one of the caliper bolts, and now the only way its going to come off is going to mutilate the bolt. I know I could order some from the dealer, but trying to avoid those prices, and the trip.

I know I should have used a 6 point socket.

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

Barrett Pkwy is not that far of a drive if a specialty bolt otherwise Ace is the Place for your hardware needs

3. Ok your missing the point, from my laptop, is there a place to order bolts from per car. When Im not busy during the day, I dont want to leave the house. Lazy, I am.

4. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

You haven't mastered lazy yet. Just run with no brakes on that corner. Problem=solved.

5. In that case I have mastered it, previous car, 93 Acura Legend had a small leak in the brake lines (due to rust) had to fill it up every month or so, got lazy and put it off to many times. Needless to say I ended up sling that car into a mad right hand turn with no brakes. No wrecking though

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea a trip to ace would be the far better solution. Just bring the other caliper bolt to match it up for comparison. Im sure it will be cheaper and more time efficient in the long run

7. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I've always been happy with rockauto.com
    Order all kinds of stuff from them for my wife's yukon.

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

yea rockauto is awesome. I ordered a tie rod end from them and they sent the wrong one by accident. Got it straightened out and a new one ordered and they told me to keep the wrong one they sent too. So if anyone needs an 04+ wrx tie rod end lmk lol

9. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

mcmaster carr.

(mcmaster.com) noob.

/thread

10. I will definately have to check them out.

I love rockauto, I order most of my parts online for the DD's there. Best place to order brakes/rotors from.

I do believe Ace will be my go to place. Going to try and tackle this Friday, busy until then.

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

was at McMaster-Carr Fri and Sat. pretty sure if you order before 2pm should be next day delivery. If the idiots we call engineers would stop surfing IMBD and OMG all day and get plans on the floor in a timely fashion I wouldn't spend so much time there or spend extra cash on courier service.

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

work is so close to mcmaster they just deliver it themselves. it's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

13. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i had to source a higher quality/strength bolt for an electric wheel chair because the cheaper bolts at ace kept sheering off. gimmie a sec to find their info.

14. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

15. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I understand you don't want to leave the house but Threads of the South is only 5 minutes away and they always have that kind of stuff in stock.