Anyone Looking to Get Out of Directv Contract? Now's Your Chance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Jun 4, 2013.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

For anyone that has directv and is in a contract and looking to get out of the contract, directv just updated their user agreement. And per our contracts, you have to either except the agreement update (by doing nothing) or call in and tell them you DO NOT ACCEPT the updated user agreement. This will then end your service and contract.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. nygiant

nygiant Member

I am contemplating if I want to move forward with it....I want out of my $90/month tv bill in order to go the Netflix route but at the same time don't want to lose my sports...

3. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I kicked direct out a few months ago. Sports is still tricky. I really wish ESPN would let me purchase just their content. With the exception of sports I've been really happy with the antenna, Hulu, Netflix solution. Roku boxes are pretty sweet ad I found a cheap tuner that doubles as a dvr.

Good Luck!

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I know not all sports are available on watch.espn.go.com, but at least some stuff is on there...you should be able to watch some stuff with your ISP email

5. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Sports are why I want cable again.

6. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

ISP is windstream so no go there. It has to be a tv/cable provider. ESPN radio is free as well as the podcasts though.

Damn you! got me all excited for nothing :-(