Which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by wagunz_pwn, Jul 5, 2013.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Atmospheric BOV

11.6%
  2. Recirculating BPV

88.4%
  1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Just like the poll asks...which do you prefer, an Atmospheric BOV or a Recirculating BPV?

2. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I prefer NOS.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

I prefer it VTAIN (Vented To Asshat In Neon)

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

funny as I never had a BPV on my car... don't think there was another 2.0L that pulled as hard as mine either.

5. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

sure looks like 9 out of 10

6. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

1 in 16 is pretty close to 9 out of 10.

7. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

I wanted to be different =) knowing that everyone will choose Recirculating BPV

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I had a VTA on my last setup just because there was no real way to plumb it back in. What a freaking nightmare that was trying to get it to idle and to stay running.

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

If I was building a car that made less than 400hp Recirc. Anything over that its getting a Tial....

10. FACE

FACE Active Member

Recirculating for me...I just want to hear exhaust. No engine bay noise maker for me.

11. Tial QR all day here.

12. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

When I was in highschool there was nothing better than playing with a venting to atmosphere bov that sounded fairly close to a turkey. I ran around doing it in peoples windows, scaring fields of horses, and acting cool.

Anyway that should sum it up, I prefer a mild sound of a recirc now.......

Also, a second to vent (no pun intended). The valve went bad on the mini, I asked the bmw/mini shop how much the "blow off valve" would be. They seemed offended and said it wasn't one. I said, "ok bypass valve"... they said it wasn't a bypass valve, It's a diverter valve. So now that I'm a bmw owner, I'm slightly offended you left "diverter valve" off the list asshole.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  13. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Go join www.atlantaminis.net and talk diverter valves all you want...pretentious douchebag.

14. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

lol, i was only the 3rd to prefer atmospheric...however, I would only run that on AEM making power. Anything on the stock MAF ecu i would never touch anything other than BPV. I think Jason (420) is one of the only maybe two people I've ever met to run atmospheric and not have idle / stutter issues

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Rochester is running atmospheric with no known issues

16. 07Ltd#767

^^^

he's the second, lol

17. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

my guess is he runs atmospheric to let you know he's right on your ass in the mountains. so you don't have to look in the mirror to know he's taunting you. :wiggle:

18. b reel

b reel Active Member

I didn't have any issues with my modified duck call, still have it and just may use it again

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have had a BOV on fairly stock motor for close to 100,000 miles. I have never had any issues with idle or anything else related to the BOV. If anything, when I put the BOV on my car, it helped smooth out my idle and stopped a tendency for my RPM to continue climbing for a second when shifting.

The BOV will stay on my car indefinitely. I like the sound, it is not noticeably effecting performance, and I like being different. I rarely ever hear another turbo car with BOV, makes me unique.

20. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

I have 111,000 miles on my WRX with an Atmospheric BOV and do not have idle or start up issues.

21. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

My Tial QR recirc is even too loud. Always recirc for me...

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

it's not the idle or start up you should be concerned about

23. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

With a 111k miles on the car the last thing I need to worry about is the BOV.lol

24. 07Ltd#767

worried about it running too rich? better than it leaning out

25. b reel

b reel Active Member

no but the big fireball erupting from the fart can may cause issues

I'll post pics of the back end of the wagon, the foam bumper insert is deformed and the paint is burned from all the shenanigans done to that turd

26. chameleon

chameleon Member

Mine is set for recirculation and im running a GFB Hybrid ...

I also had a HKS SSQV black edition set to atmosphere with no issues.

Boils down to just preference

27. crash#2

crash#2 Member

I'm hopelessly undecided. i go back and forth between my gfb hybrid and a socket-smacked oem...

i run the gfb until i feel like a douche then go back to oem.