ATE Super Blue Discontinued

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by wagunz_pwn, Aug 16, 2013.

1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Better stock up if you want to continue to use the Blue!

Still in stock on Amazon.

[​IMG]

2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

May not even be possible to get it through Amazon. Your order might go through for time being, but will be Back Ordered for infinity.

3. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

The recall happened last night. Plenty of places still have it in stock, just depends if they saw the letter and comply. I would imagine, it would be more profitable for them to try and sell existing stock before returning inventory.

6. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; SCH-I545 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Mobile Safari/537.36)

harrison motorsports 16bux.i left one on the shelf.

7. nygiant

nygiant Member

noooooooo :(

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  8. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

gotta love our politics. even though it's some of the best fluid on the market, we have to ban it in the U.S. b/c it's not clear or amber in color.

...this fucking government...so clutch at picking the right battles

9. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Yeah, I dunno why you guys are freaking out over it. You can still get the same fluid in gold like Brett said above.

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I switch between the 2 (gold & blue). Once the color changes...done bleeding.

12. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

which, IIRC, is why they had the same fluid in gold & blue.

Its not like you won't be able to find decent brake fluid anymore, but it does make a flush/bleed a bit more of a pain

13. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Nobody is freaking out. I didn't but 20 cases and plan to sell them @ 300% mark-up. Just trying to pass along the info for those that care. ;)

The type 200 (yellow) has an higher boiling point. IIRC, the blue was made for racing...specifically for tech inspections and such.

14. integroid

You are incorrect...it has been proven the two are identical other than color. A rumor came out saying the blue had a higher boiling point but it was later confirmed the two had the same boiling points and they were the same other than color.

Brett is 100% correct on why the 200 exists....and now I am guessing it will sell much better in the USA:)

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I recalled incorrectly on the temp, but was right as to why the blue exists...oops!

http://www.ate-na.com/generator/www...te_brake_products/brake_fluid/bf_info_us.html

16. integroid

Yeah, I am sure they put that in their literature because it was intended for racing use only since it was blue and did not meet DOT specs of being clear or amber. Oh well, just think it is funny how people on bookface are freaking out over the discontinuing of the blue product.

17. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Agreed, i didn't buy out a bunch or anything, its more the fact that I got used to swapping in the two colors bc it makes bleeding super easy.

18. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Thank god I got some in time. I don't know what I would use as my coolant overflow tank if my current one breaks!

19. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

it's not that anybody's freaking out...at least not in my case. I just think it's retarded that they chose to go after something as stupid as a color to recall / discontinue a product.

If the products are identical...oh what the hell, it's not like practicality and common sense play a role in decision making from the higher ups these days...

20. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

This means I won't be able to match my brake fluid to my engine bay color on the next change :sad:

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

they are different, yellow has a higher boiling point according to rep, guess he just repeated what he read on the webz

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  22. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

See what happens when you listen to people? It's only true if it's on the internet...and YOU read it.

23. integroid

Wow, you must not be too good at reading.

24. b reel

b reel Active Member

I just keyed the shit out of an AUDI... it felt good, may do it again

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

unless other retailers disregard their liability, they will pull it all and refund any orders they take in the next couple of days. any big retailers with good law departments will pull ANYTHING safety recall related almost immediately, unless its later determined safe to sell. The manufacturers will reimburse the retailers fully at their cost for the product they have in stock, so why take the risk of selling something with a safety recall and risk the lawsuit? They won't.

as it was said earlier, if you order it will be on indefinite backorder from someone like summit. now a mom and pop place or small auto parts store might have some on the shelf and be slower to react. i might have my friends check our friendly neighborhood motorcycle store out here.

26. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Maybe it's just me but when bleeding brakes I sure as heck can tell the difference between old used brake fluid and the new crisp gold fluid. Yeah gotta pay more attention but it's quite noticeable to me.

27. integroid

It is impossible to tell with the super blue. It is a dark blue color so the new and old stuff look almost identical....hence why the Type 200 is also available.

28. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

I love the 2nd to the last paragraph.. I'm sure when the person wrote that, they were thinking it in sarcasm, but forced by law..

On a related note, I think I'm going to sue Mobil 1 for making their oil so god damn close to my brake fluid color, it's bullshit. How the hell am I supposed to know what hole to put it in... Life needs more instructions!!

29. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

My order of 2 cans, is out for delivery.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  30. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

I used the Super Blue. I use a 3L pepsi bottle. You can see the distinct blue vs brown as it leaks down the side of the bottle if you set it up right.

But that's beside the argument here.....discounting it because of color is pure stupid. So stupid that it's racist.

31. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

...and delivered. Combined with Type 200, I don't think I'll need to buy brake fluid again.

32. Steve@TSM

Steve@TSM New Member

There is better brake fluid out there but for what most people do with their cars, it's sufficient. Like others have mentioned, I use it along with Type 200 for when I bleed the brakes. It makes the job easier.