Looking for electrician

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Sep 29, 2013.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Hello everyone,

I am in need of an electrician to help update the lighting in my kitchen. I would like to replace a single fluorescent light fixture and replace it with between 4 and 6 Recessed LED Lights. Before I start searching for an electrician online or in the phonebook (what the hell is that?), I figured I would put it out here on WRXatlanta and see if any members can help.

If you are an electrician and can help, or if you know of a good electrician that charges reasonable rates, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

do you have attic space above the kitchen?

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

No, there is a bedroom above the kitchen

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

If you can figure out how to hide the wiring it's really super easy to do all of this yourself.

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Might want to find a drywall person while you are at it. No way to really hide the wiring without cutting parts of your ceiling out.

I do know a few electricians but I tried to get them to come to my house last month and they were all too busy with new houses that they couldnt take time away from current projects. I ended up just doing it all myself.

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

hit up Mizer...he knows plenty of people.

7. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Yeah that's right....dang city folk with modern style homes. Love the log cabin...makes stuffing wiring super easy.

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Blah, blah, blah...

9. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Speaking of LED lights who has them? Although expensive I know they are supposed to last forever. How is the output compared to traditional bulbs?

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

If you buy a quality LED light the output is the same if not better.

11. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

So no weird beam pattern issue? I guess the quality would be what determines a good beam pattern?