Braves moving to Cobb County

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Max Q, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Max Q

Max Q Member

Has anyone seen this?

http://homeofthebraves.com/

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

Surprised? No. Gonna miss the Ted though. Hopefully they can design something awesome, field wise. I wanna see a unique layout.

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

It should be awesome!

4. nygiant

nygiant Member

great....i didnt think traffic in this area could get any worse

5. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Yeah, good luck with any intersection NEAR that place durning a game.

6. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

anyone know exactly where this plot is they've secured 60 acres?

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

because I'm sure they won't change any of the roads and leave it the way it is.

8. Matt

I posted the pic in the second post..

9. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

It actually makes sense for them to do it. I don't know if it is good for people that live in that area during game times though. If you look at this ticket sales map from the last year...it should attract more people to games that are during the week.

[​IMG]

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

I heard they're building a new mega-church at the Ted location

11. rsutton1223

Seriously?

I hope they build something really cool in Cobb if it does go through. Turner Field has a great feel to it. I am not particularly a baseball fan (I won't watch it on TV) but going to Turner Field vs the old stadium is a much better experience.

12. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

you're right, because it's so much worse than the connector during rush hour on a 6pm game...

also, do people actually travel the cloverleaf on a daily basis? I"m there every morning between 8-9 and ever afternoon between 3-6, it's not that bad...I went to school downtown, and you've lost your damn mind if you think the cloverleaf has worse traffic than the connector

13. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

I have not heard that, but maybe that is where the church that the new Falcon's stadium is displacing is go to rebuild.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  14. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

its not that its bad or worse, its that its too small for the volume it sees...

from 285 w/b to 75, there is only 2 lanes north, and 1 south, and 1 break-off to 41 (which is what looks like will be the exit that will dump to this stadium)

15. Matt

I think they feel that more people will take surface streets. Given the ticket sales heat map, the majority of those people will take surface streets. Also, they could get off 285W at New Northside Drive/Powers Ferry.

There are quite a few ways to get there.

16. Matt

17. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Mayor Reed says the Ted will be demolished in 2016 when the braves leave which will be 20 years old at that time. Also said it would just be too much debt on the city of ATL if the braves received the $150mil in renovations they requested.
    [​IMG]

18. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

the people that are bitching about the traffic are lumping ALL of cobb county into one giant clusterfuck. anybody who drives there a lot knows that this particular area of town (and directly south of it) is MUCH less congested than 75 north of the perimeter and the downtown connector.

19. rsutton1223

Traffic isn't bad if you take a golf cart or borrow a friends M5.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  20. nygiant

nygiant Member

i ride 285 going through this way every single day....i don't give a shit about Cobb county. i'm talking about highway primarily.
    heading 285 west and south in the evening after work is pretty bad, but not terrible...of course depending on the day, with Friday typically being the worst. I get on at Peachtree Industrial and sometimes the traffic can back up all the way to 400. it clears up a bit right after 75. i can only imagine what it will be like with the increased traffic of people heading to games in the evenings, especially at the Cumberland exits.
    but as Matt said, there are quite a few ways to get there especially with surface streets thrown into the mix, so who knows how this will turn out.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  21. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

i'm sure they're going to renovate parts of that intersection to help with traffic flow, too. A friend of mine on the bookface is bitching because he's a DoT planner this is a shock to them, too, and they're being pushed to meet deadlines for high priority, high budget projects in the area

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

besides the intersections and off/on-ramps, the traffic is already there... you'll just not have to drive that far.

23. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

have we met? because you're a fucking moron.

24. rsutton1223

We have. Several times but you wouldn't remember because as a general rule you are an asshole everywhere you go.

25. [​IMG]

^^ looking for fresh meat

26. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Some folks pay for their stuff and don't get stuff for free from internet dick riding.

27. rsutton1223

Hope you are not referring to me...because that would be a false statement.

28. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Just saw some asshattery going on so I was jumping on the bandwagon.....lol.

29. rsutton1223

:rofl: understood.

30. slade1274

slade1274 Member

My question is what the hell is going on in 30269? It's like they're putting something in that zip code water to make them ticket buyers.

31. Matt

Delta.