Which tire to buy need advice!!! ASAP

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by sikwrx04, Mar 4, 2014.

1. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Alright guys so i ordered a new set of wheels, and i was about to buy some cheap tires ($300shipped) since i will be stretching it, but just found out that discounttiredirect via ebay, has a Spend $400+ and get $100 off which is a pretty good deal in my opinion..I was about to jump the gun and buy some crapppy tires then looked on slickdeals just incase and by gosh im glad i did..anyone else need tires? here the link to slickdeals:
    http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/115308/ebay---discount-tire-direct-coupon?page=6#comments

Now i have the opinion on getting some decent tires....

Here are my two choices

NITTO NEOGEN 40R R18 TIRES - $444 - $100 coupon = $344 Shipped
    Tread wear on these are only 280AA

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d....do&fl=&pc=40223&counter=0&ar=40&rd=18&cs=225

or

FALKEN AZENIS PT-722 40R R18 TIRES - $452 - $100 coupon = $352 shipped
    Tread wear on these are 440AA

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d....do&fl=&pc=18491&counter=0&ar=40&rd=18&cs=225

What do you guys think? I know overall they are 2 really good companies and these tires are rated for sport compact enthusiasts. They both have really good review too which makes the decision harder for me...:eek:hnoes:

2. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

Do yourself a favor and get some michelin pss.

3. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Waaaaay outside what he wants to spend.

4. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

I know. But he did say good tires.lol

5. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Don't really want to pay for that since i am stretching tires...If i wasn't going with my 18x10 fitment, then i would get Michelins again on my old set of wheels..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Not a huge fan of Nitto....basically a budget line for Toyo.

Falken's seem to be hit or miss on their tires. They do have some nice tires but not very familiar with the one you listed.

Man, that is a great deal especially if you are buying expensive tires where two tires is over the $400 threshold....you could potentially save $50 a tire on top of the low price to begin with. I bet you the stores would match the ebay offer.

7. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

While I agree that nitto is owned by toyo, I wouldn't consider them a budget line. The neogens are decent tires for their price, I think they'll fit the purpose of your use. Plus they are suppose to help with camber wear (I'm an engineer at the toyo tires plant)

8. integroid

Then what would you call them? What business model brings in another brand that comes in at the same price point to compete with their main brand? Toyo is the premium brand and Nitto is their "budget" or less expensive brand to compete with the cheaper Asian tires. You are not the only one that works in the tire industry:)

PS - I have always been a huge fan of Toyo until they decided their T1 tires should cost as much as a Michelin PSS. The RA1 is still one of my all time favorite tires. I also had a one off set of RA1D's:)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  9. nygiant

nygiant Member

if you're looking for inexpensive tires, check out www.tires-easy.com
    i've bought from them several times and found them to be the cheapest place to buy tires

additionally, check with all pro. last time i got tires, they beat the tires-easy price and i'm sure they'll hook you up

10. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

What toyo is trying to do is just aim nitto at a different market. So I guess "cheaper" sort of makes sense. Although if you look at truck tires nitto is a pretty big name. Where in the tire industry do you work?

11. integroid

I work for one of those other cheap asian tire manufacturer:) We arent really known for passenger car tires but are pretty huge in the off road truck tires, ATV, and bicycle tires.

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

Kenda?

13. integroid

Die In A Fire!

I completely forgot Toyo built a plant in Cartersville.

14. Falkens.Always had good luck with them.

15. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

This post makes my head hurt. :p

I just ordered a set of Continental ExtremeContact DW in the same size. 132 per tire from tirerack. They're on closeout right now, so they're discounted a good bit.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R8ECDWXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

You can get shitty tires...but you'll just have to replace them more often. It's well worth the investment to get a better tire that will last longer.

16. b reel

b reel Active Member

I'm at a loss to all of this as well... the guy is stretching a tire for that stanced shit so why would quality matter now?

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I missed that part..

If you want to ruin the handling of the car, and put others at risk, then by all means, put the cheapest tires on!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  18. b reel

b reel Active Member

should have gone with a 19 or 20" rim to get that black rubber band look and have some semblance of safety.

19. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Everyone has there own taste and opinion correct? Im 95% sure people on this forum is not about stance or poke etc...doesn't mean you need to bash on it.... Not everyone is about having there shit look the same..i just simply asked about branding wise and longevity....
    Anyways bought some Falkens thanks for help

20. b reel

b reel Active Member

bashing for something that has the potential to do harm other than to yourself? yes I will, sorry if that ruffles tail feathers

tires that I mentioned before would have fit your rims, not cost much more and be safe. Now if you would follow up the mod with an air-ride so you could have the best of both worlds then :banana:

21. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

What harms? Have you personally ran a stretch tire? Or just saying from he said she said? Because i know quite a few friends that have been stretching tires since 2005 and they never have issues...they said just to make sure the tire pressure is right..I would love run on bags maybe in the near future..

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

watched a civic literally bounce off an expansion joint an into the wall merging onto 75 north from Forest Pkwy. Knew it was the tire/rim because his carbon fender and hood exploded from the tire carcass coming through them. Lucky for me he stayed in the wall as I passed by. I swear it looked like the driver was punched into the back seat by the airbag... funny as hell

23. integroid

A mild stretch is one thing....but some of these retards that try and get a 205 tire on a 10" wide rim is just asking for it.

24. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

yeah def not doing that......:hsnono:

25. WiReX22

WiReX22 New Member

Nitto is more expensive compared to Toyo tires. I have that on my truck too. it's a good buy I must say.