Used 2004-06 STi Cosworth CNC Ported Big Valve Cylinder Heads

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Mike@TSM, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

We have a used set of 2004-06 STi Cosworth CNC Ported Big Valve Cylinder Heads with Cams that have been completely disassembled, cleaned, everything checked, and re-assembled up for sale. These heads are 100% ready to install and will require nothing but double checking the clearances after bolted to the short block (which should be done on every assembly).

Here is the part number and the details from Cosworth:

SB8010 - Subaru WRX STI EJ25 (2.5L) Pr 2004-2006 w/ KK3766 Camshafts (USA & MY06 Japan/Euro) Electronic Throttle - MSRP $6068 + Shipping.

Big Valve Cylinder Heads

For over 40 years, Cosworth has been the leader in innovative multi-valve cylinder head design for both racing and high performance production cars. The Cosworth CNC Ported Big Valve Cylinder head range is the latest advancement. Modified from new OE cylinder head castings, substantial gas flow improvements and upgraded valve train components offer superior performance for your high performance engine.
    Each original cylinder head design is carefully evaluated and tested to establish the improvements required to meet the target performance level. Hours of testing and flow bench validation are used to determine the best advanced port design yielding maximum usable power and response. However, there is more to cylinder head design than just maximum flow. It is critical that port velocity is maintained to ensure drivability and valve train components are matched to guarantee reliable performance. Once all of these factors have been tested and validated, the final port contour is digitized. Using the digitized program, we then reshape both intake and exhaust ports using a 5 axis CNC mill producing an accurate and consistent port shape every time. In addition to re-shaping and enlarging the intake and exhaust ports, most Big Valve Cylinder heads feature a re-shaped combustion chamber to un-shroud the valves increasing air flow and performance. After machining, each cylinder head receives a multi-angle high performance valve job on our precision Newen® CNC valve seat cutter. Then each cylinder head is ultrasonically cleaned, serialized and finally hand assembled with select high performance valve train components, ready to install on your engine.
    Key Features:
    All new OE Castings
    Enlarged intake and exhaust ports
    Large diameter stainless steel intake valves
    Large diameter inconel exhaust valves
    Hi-rev, dual valve springs
    Titanium retainers
    Hardened steel spring platforms
    Reshaped combustion chamber on most applications
    Flow bench proven design
    Dynamometer tested
    Machined Cosworth logo
    Precision multi-angle valve job
    Pre-assembled, ready to install
    Machined port bore finish
    Knife edge port divider

We are offering these heads for $4000 including the shipping with in the Continental USA. Again, these heads are over $6000 new and this particular set is as close to that as you'll get. Please let me know if you have any questions - mike@topspeedtuned.com or you can call 678-297-7770.

Thanks for looking!

All of the pictures can bee seen here: Cosworth Heads

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

OEM cams or Cosworth cams? Fixing to build an engine for a friend once he locates his head package that he wants to use....hint hint.

3. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

haha, I hear ya.... these have the Cosworth cams.

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Appears I'm too late. What a shame.

5. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Oh well - I appreciate you trying!