Dealer Review Troncalli vs Subaru of Kennesaw Service Dept.

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by WRXmom, Oct 6, 2014.

1. WRXmom

WRXmom New Member

Who is better? I need to bring my WRX in due to a recall and need to know which is better? I used to use Subaru of Gwinnett but after the last visit with them I will no longer be bringing my cars to them. Anyway, Troncalli is closer by 12 miles from my location than SoK but I will drive further if it means better service. Any Advice?

2. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I've been using Troncalli now for my STi and my wife's outback now for about 1 year and have no compliants with them.

They are a good bunch of guys to work with and know their stuff.

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Troncalli owns SoK. Not that it really matters much in terms of service, but there's that.

4. WRXmom

WRXmom New Member

Thanks Matt, That answers my question.

5. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the SoG service department?

6. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

SOG service went to crap after WJM left in my opinion. Troncali and SOK are the only 2 places I will go if I NEED the stealership for something. AllPro for everything else.

7. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Ah. Well its sounds like SoG is not great for anything other than parts lol.

8. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Does anyone go to Classic Subaru? They are like, right down the road from work.

So for instance if I have a rattle coming from the front passenger door I could trust them to figure that out?

9. orndog

orndog Member

Bought my car there and they were able to do the free oil changes and tire rotations, but never used them for anything else other than a little body work after I was hit (they did a good job on that).

10. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Do we know anyone at classic? Last time I took my car there Brandon was still there.

11. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

I had a bad experience at SOG too. Had some work done and they scratched my engine bay (I know right) and forgot to put a the clip back on my intake. I'm also interested what you guys think for a good dealership.

12. WRXmom

WRXmom New Member

:|We brought our car in to SOG like we always did for scheduled maintenance and other issues and this last time we clearly told them to do EVERYTHING it needed (we told them several times while standing there doing the paperwork) We even bought tires from them since ours were showing wear (We have since bought better tires/wheels but needed some All season radials for winter. Nearly $3000 later we drive it home and a week later a notice arrives in the mail from them that its time to do the timing belt. And they keep calling trying to get us to come back in for 120K service. We JUST had everything done and it is all on file. At this point I feel like they are taking advantage of the customer so I am switching to another dealership.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

those letters are automatically sent. the service you had done may not have been put into the system before the 3rd party marketing company sent those letters. They didn't come from the dealer directly.

Did they do the timing belt when you took it in? Is it on your service invoice paperwork?

14. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

SOG. Techs there are good. Cant speak for the rest of the dealership lol. Stay away from stivers. Dont trust the techs there. Its as if they hired anyone to work there

15. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

+100

16. Stetson

Stetson Member

I bought my STI new in '11 from Stivers and did all my maintenance there. I also had a '12 outback I had bought there and Stivers did all the maintenance as well. I had great experiences there and would recommend them to anyone.

If you are out of warranty - I actually would go to AllPro. I just had my '02 WRX there and they were awesome, did a bunch of misc. items that I could not diagnose. Patrick and Brandon are great and I would trust them over anyone else.

Stetson