Dealer Review Stivers Subaru

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by TURBOH4, Apr 2, 2015.

1. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

I bought my 2014 STi from Stivers and honestly, all I can say is "meh..." as far as the buying process goes. Overall, I'd say the experience was mediocre at best. To be honest, the only reason I bought from Stivers was the price and the car; they had probably the last remaining 2014 STi.

They tried -really- hard to give me $1,000 less than the average price for my trade-in (a Scion FRS). I knew what my trade-in was worth but the salesman tried to tell me that Kelly Blue Book wasn't valid. I could also see the mental eye-rolling going on when I provided my own financing.

The detailing crew did a terrible job of cleaning the car up too; there was a ton of debris still under the hood and near the HVAC intake. The windows were streaked and gross, and there was a fine layer of dust all over the back seats and deck. That's not really acceptable, considering the MSRP for the car is over 40 grand.

The real reason I feel inclined to write this review is how I was treated AFTER I bought the car. Their service desk people treated me like I was an inconvenience to them, so I took my business elsewhere. They knew I bought the car there...because I told them.

2. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I can't remember if we have had a good review for Stivers yet. I bought my wife's Forester from Stivers. They had the one we wanted. Never been back since. I don't trust stealerships as far as I can throw them....which I can't soo..

3. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Yeah. When I was looking for my 2015 I went to Stivers twice and it was a bad experience both times. First time they ignored me, second time they couldn't be bothered to find out what they had coming in. Was never offered a test drive.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

I've only dealt with Tony or Cory on the parts side and both have always been helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Sales is a whole other horrible experience, dipshit sales weasel made the comment that he would charge me to take the Justy as a trade in. Sad part is he made that comment when he introduced himself. I loudly commented that I wouldn't waste my time with him because car purchases are made at SOK or Classic.

5. Wait. You own a justy?

6. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

I feel like I might've given them a bit too much credit. I was thinking a bit more about it after I wrote the review.

One of the management folks walked away in the middle of a conversation we were having. I mean, literally mid-sentence, walked away without a word. I don't have a clue why that happened.

I even caught one of the employees laughing when the salesman told him what I wanted to buy. He looked over at me, laughed, and then realized that I could hear him.

I'm not a very sharp dresser (jeans and a t-shirt 99% of the time), but that was just insulting. :(

7. Matto357

It probably wasn't your clothes, their sales department is generally full of douche nozzles in my experience. I've gone in dressed in business clothes and gone in with a t-shirt and hat on. Treated the same both times.

If you want a great buying experience go to SoG, Classic or SoK. Classic has probably the nicest people overall (from service to random sales people) but they don't have a ton of inventory :(

8. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

See, this is one thing I've never understood...why do car dealers and salespeople act this way? It's like it's the norm to just be a complete butthead. Why is that?

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

agreed.

here's my take on it: you don't need to buy a car from them. However, they NEED to sell you a car. they should be genuine, trustworthy people in that role. Not sleazy assholes.

10. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

"SMH" is all I can say.

11. Western

Western Supporting Member

Stivers doesn't do test drives unless you've started the deal. It's sad because it means their STi's sit until somebody intitiates a deal. Hope the OP checked for rust and such.

We don't. I don't know how they stay open.

They did the same to me. Also, every time I go in there for an oil filter some jackhole salesman has to make a passively derogatory comment about how young I look and what I'm driving. Every. Freaking. Time. So I stopped going in there.

12. Western

Western Supporting Member

Also, you should post this review on Stivers Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

I'd heard similar things, and on the one hand I can kind of understand it, but on the other, I'm kind of glad for it. Of course, they should use discretion instead of a blanket policy.

That having been said, I walked in and asked for the keys and they gave them to me. Maybe it's because they were trying really hard to sell the car (they were asking less than base price for the Limited). I don't know, but within 5 minutes I was test driving it.

My issues didn't come until later on when I came back with a check and was ready to buy it.

As far as rust, I honestly didn't even think to check. I've been under the car a couple of times since I bought it and I haven't seen any rust yet.

14. Matto357

If you bought the one I think you did, they had been trying to offload that STI for a long time. They tried to get me to buy it. The wagons were an easy sell once the 2015 was announced, sedans, not so much.

15. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

It was the silver limited with SPT boost gauge, SPT short shift, and SPT exhaust. It had indeed been there for a while. I think they had it since 2013 but I don't know that for certain. I know it was manufactured August of 2013.

I knew I wanted a 2014 because I prefer the last gen body style over the 2015. Plus, even with those add-ons, and being a limited model, I still paid less than the "fair price" (according to TrueCar) of a 2015 base STi with no add-ons. That is the one and only reason I did business with them.

I can see the appeal of a wagon, but in all honesty, I prefer the sedan. It suits my tastes better (yes, the wing haha).