Email Notifications not working?

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Matt, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

We know about it. We're working on getting it restored. It's not your email address.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL

I can't stress that enough. It will reset your account to a non-active status as you have to confirm the email address once you change it. And without email notifications working.... you won't get it.

It's not you, it's a forum wide thing. The ISPs like to blacklist domains as they feel they're spam accounts when they're not.

If you have run into this, please let myself, Jeff (crazyazn), Matt O (matto357) know and we'll look into your account asap.

Thanks!

2. SVXdc

SVXdc Member

Yay, at least I can post again! Thanks, Matt.

Is the problem happening with other e-mail domains besides Gmail?

3. Matt

yes. it's on the server side.

4. Matt

bump it up so people can see this more.

5. SVXdc

SVXdc Member

Any news on fixing this? I received an e-mail notification for a PM on 12/2, so maybe things are working again?

Also, I was unable to create a new thread just now in the "Community Announcements & News" section. Is that due to the e-mail issue (and me having tried to change it months ago and never receiving the confirmation e-mail, putting my account in a quasi non-active state), or some other reason (e.g., my post count too low)? [never mind -- looks like only mods can start threads in that area]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  6. Matt

things are working again. we didn't do anything. I think it was the ISPs lifting the ban on the domain.