Exhaust opinions

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by STIstorm, Oct 14, 2015.

1. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

So I'm stuck between the nameless and the cobb catback. I want that deep rumble but I still want to hold a conversation in the car. I currently have a cobb downpipe. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

2. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Nameless is louder than cobb in my opinion.... But I am running no mufflers right now so maybe I'm not the right person to ask haha. But from what I have heard and witnessed the nameless system is definitely louder.

3. I'm a fan of Invidia. the q300 is a pretty solid piece. It's my go to exhaust on my 02-07's

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I have a cobb TBE(with a electrical cutout).

Cobb is a great exhaust, but very, very quiet. But at WOT it produces that deep, not too loud subaru rumble.

5. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

IMO a good exhaust sounds great outside of the car, but you can barely hear it in the cabin. I would go Cobb if the choices are Cobb or nameless.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

Prodrive oval tip if you can find one

Never mind just noticed 2013.

7. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

which ever one you go with, I would recommend the kartboy exhaust hangers. in my noob wisdom, i didn't think they would make that much difference, until i went to a couple of track days and had the muffler melted my bumper from swaying back and forth in the curves. upgraded the hangers and the exhaust doesn't move at all now!
    may want to check if it swings any when you install first...but i recommend them. :)

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Cobb over nameless all day every day.

9. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Cobb will definitely be quieter than the Nameless options. If the deletes are too aggressive you can try one of the muffled options. I have the 4 inch mufflers and have no problem hearing back seat conversations, etc.

10. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

11. FACE

FACE Active Member

Why no mention for perrin? Love the purrrr of my GRSti with the Perrin

12. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

Got the Invidia Q300 Quad with the Titanium Tips! Sounds unbelievably amazing!

13. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Let's hear it, might help others with the same decision to make.

14. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

I was going to mention Perrin as well, though it wasn't listed as an option. I had a Perrin CBE system on my FR-S and I loved it. Even though the FR-S has ELHs, it produced an excellent rumble and wasn't excessively loud.

15. 2Turboboxers

2Turboboxers New Member

16. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

Damn she sounds oh so smooth and healthy!

17. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So I installed my new exhaust last weekend.

Grimmspeed catted DP
    Invidia N1 Race (doesn't have any resonators)

It sounds sooooo good. Its quite loud though, not for the faint of hear or someone who lives next to people. It will wake every up within 50 yards.

18. 2Turboboxers

2Turboboxers New Member

Thanks dude. I love it! Best mod so far.

19. WiReX22

WiReX22 New Member

Nice sound