245/40/18 on 18x9.5 +38

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by LoveMyNewSoob, Feb 24, 2016.

1. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Will this fit? 09 STi.
    Not what I want to keep on for the long term, but don't want to have to get new tires right away...new additions coming in Friday! :wiggle:

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

it should fit. I think that's what Robb had on his '11 WRX and they fit no problem. I don't remember him rolling his fenders.

He was also on a 265/35-18 tire. so the 245s will probably look a little stretched.

3. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I am currently running a 265 35 18 on a +42 18x9.5.

I am about to put the same size tire on a +40 18x9.5 tomorrow.

Yes it should fit, you might need to roll your fenders alil in the rear though.

4. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Stock suspension? It'll fit and shouldn't need any fender rolling. Before coilovers I ran 265-35-18 on 18x9.5 +40.

5. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

RCE Regular Guy blacks.
    I want to go to 255/35 eventually...I think...tire thing is still a bit confusing to me.
    Thanks for the input fellas. New shoes set to arrive Friday, so hoping to get them on the car Saturday.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  6. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Didn't you have the Mach V? Did you get new wheels?

7. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I got a 2nd set of wheels to put my autox tires on. I still have the Mach V on the car for DD duty.

I got some Gram Light something or other 18x9.5 +40 to put a set of sticky rubber on. I didn't even pay attention to the model of wheel when I bought them, they are real rays gram lights, they weigh 21 pounds, and they are black in color.

BTW I am on RCE yellows with stock struts. Even after coilovers 18x9.5 +40 will be NO problem at all to fit, you might need to add alil more rear camber if you want to go much wider but 18x9.5 fits just fine.

8. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Fender Clearance picture.

[​IMG]