Light gray reverse light/blinker

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Alpharettawrx, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Alpharettawrx

Alpharettawrx Member

Okay so I went with the light gray tint for the revese light/blinker area on the rear lights. Not sure if it was the right choice. Opinions would be much appreciated. What'yall think?

IMG_8328.JPG IMG_8329.JPG IMG_8330.JPG

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I can barely tell the difference.

Also, and I understand why, but blanking out the license plate is pointless. A law was passed years ago that prohibits people from getting any information from a license plate. The Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) is the law passed in 1994.

3. Alpharettawrx

Alpharettawrx Member

Good to know about the law. Thx. Also, I was thinking the same about the light tints.

4. Western

Western Supporting Member

I can't tell a difference at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Do you have a before photo, too?

6. Alpharettawrx

Alpharettawrx Member

Sir Alex. Unfortunately I don't. But.. I just ran out and shot some AFTER pics. Here they are.

IMG_8512.JPG

IMG_8511.JPG

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Alpharettawrx likes this.
  8. Alpharettawrx

Alpharettawrx Member

I agree, however I'm a bit unsure of the wattage (the diff in it if any), and it's annoying consequences. (bulbs burning out, car not recognizing it i.e. perceiving it as a burnt bulb etc.) I had seen the LED conversion video on SubieSpeed which addressed all that with a relay box of some kind, that would go under the steering wheel column. I said screw it! I wasn't willing to do all that.