May be back soon fellas

Discussion in 'General Community' started by bigb996, Sep 6, 2016.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Whats up homies Its been a while, i see some of the old faces are still on here. So i am looking into possibly joining the scubi crew again. Im shopping a brand new 2017 WRX. I have a 2015 mustang GT right now but i have not driven the new wrx yet. Im a little worried the power difference will have me a little disappointed, but i would like to have a boosted ride again. What are the big power gainers on the new rex? I know my bugeye just putting a turbo back exhaust was large gains. I am also considering boosting my track miata instead of trading the stang. Also I am being quoted 28,800 for a premium with no options as my best price just using the e price thing. I know i can negotiate further down, anyone here gotten much under 28 for the car on one? They used to not even budge on these things.

Afande likes this.
  2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

You may want to hold off for a little bit. Cobb hasn't released a map for the 2017 yet. They are working on it though. Once that gets done then there's fairly decent power to be had with a protune and some small'ish mods.

The stock map (at least on the 2017's) is really wacky.

One other thing to consider...
    The 2017's (and maybe prior 2015/2016) do not have a trunk release button (or keyhole) on the exterior of the car. IF you get the HK package, it'll come with a proximity sensor that allows you to open the trunk from outside the car. Otherwise, you're stuck using the keyfob or the trunk release button inside the cabin.
    Also, IF the car battery dies, you have to fold down the rear seats and pull the safety trunk realese to get the trunk open.

Not sure why this bothers me so- but it does. :)

J_P likes this.
  3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Fair concerns @pEd. Look forward to your return, Brian!

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

thanks for the response Ped. I drove both cars yesterday and honestly the only difference i noticed was the power delivery on the sti was from start to finish, where as the wrx had some lag and then the power drops at 45-5k. Like you said when a tune hits that could fix that. Otherwise i actually really liked both cars. The trunk release doesnt bother me a ton but i can see where it would drive some people nuts. Ill keep you fellas posted. Gotta decide if i want to pay the 6k difference for an sti just to maintain the boxer sound lol

thanks Alex look forward to seeing everyone again!

5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Well the deal was a no go. I do want to get a new scubi but the trade just wasn't in my favor. Apparently Subaru dealers don't like to take in domestic cars lol. Gonna give private sale a shot and go from there.

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Keep the mustang....way more fun haha

J_P likes this.
  7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

he biased ^

J_P likes this.
  8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

haha well i listed the mustang for sale. Its a beast of a car but the subaru is just more refined as we all know. In the meantime i picked up a mazdaspeed miata a few days ago so now i have to sell my basic miata to clear the drive way out. The fiance isnt thrilled with me having 4 cars......ha

9. skWRX

skWRX Member

she probably wondering where am she going to park her car. lol

10. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Wow. Lots of old folks here.. sell those cars brian.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

I got rid of the base Miata pretty quick, down to 3 cars now but no dealers are very interested in giving a good trade right now. Kind of surprising

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

After a month of haggling and searching I found what I wanted and have come back to the world of wrx Atlanta. Here's my new hotRod [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Throwback to the old wrxatl days

[​IMG]

Afande and J_P like this.
  13. skWRX

skWRX Member

The car is sexy. I just got rear ended yesterday so I may be looking into getting a new wrx. But your old one still sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Dang dude that sucks! Hope you didn't suffer any injuries. I appreciate it, I wish the new motor had the old boxer sound but I love the car. In my opinion it's the best looking wrx to date

15. skWRX

skWRX Member

Unfortunately I did. Bruised internally. Around my lungs, lower back, hip muscles. I'm seeing a chiropractor Monday. I can barely walk. I barely made it from my kitchen to my room this morning so I can take my meds. But I'll get better. I'm just happy to be alive. On better side your right I miss the sound. But my fav is the Hawkeye, mainly cause it looks so aggressive to me.

16. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Glad that's all you got man but hopefully get that pain gone soon. I picked up the new car at Subaru of Kenessaw and got it under invoice. If you end up getting a new one i can shoot you some info over on the guy I used. Easy to deal with dealer.

17. skWRX

skWRX Member

Thanks man. I know I'm lucky. I'm blessed cause I almost hit a corner pole which would have been worse. Cool. Plus I just became a ambassador so I can use my $500 off discount probably. So if u ever want some stuff let me know I'll order for u.

18. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Do tell, what exactly does that do from a parts purchasing perspective? Heavy discount?

Friend of mine at the dealer was heavy on telling me not to modify the car with an accessport or anything other than a cat back. Said they void warranties automatically

19. skWRX

skWRX Member

Part I'm not sure just got accepted a month ago. I'll find out.

20. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome back!
    Car looks great!

21. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Thanks ped! I noticed the forum isn't as active as it used to be! What gives? Are we just all getting that old now haha

22. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Old age, moving or kids .... Least for me :)

23. Afande

Afande Member

Adrenaline has no expiration. IMG_7642.JPG

24. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

most people have migrated over to our facebook page. There's a lot more interaction and whatnot.

25. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

That figures and I don't have a fb lol oh well

lostinthewoods and Alex like this.