Car Being worked on by SOG&SS

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by 03bugeye, Jul 28, 2006.

1. 03bugeye

03bugeye Member

Im down here in savannah and my car has been up at SOG for about 8 weeks.. Its about 8 weeks ago i heard some terrible noises comming from the motor and i trailored it up to sog after here such wonderful thinkgs about them and the character of scott. I thought i was just going to be replacing the bottom end of my motor, and upgrading to a 2.5L block. However after scott and his techs looked at my heads, they were in shock on how badly i had destroyed them as well. I went ahead and had sog build me a brand new 2.0 head seeing as im going the hybrid setup. I upgraded my intercooler to the turboxs topmount and went from 550cc pinks to i believe 760cc injectors. After a much patient wait the motor was built and installed last week and scott had started putting my intial break in millage on the new motor. He will then tune my car, which im very excited about cause i do feel he is one of the BEST tuners, and i will be picking up what im considering my NEW 03 bugeye on monday july31st...If any of you atlanta boys are off of work and would like to meet or check out my car i will be there a better part of the day along with another savannah member that is haveing scott tune his 06STI. I have been waiting a l;ong time and i cannot wait to see my final product....

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

sweet....

good luck on it. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the tune

3. 03bugeye

03bugeye Member

Thanks!!

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

which car up there was yours?

srp bugeye?

5. I might swing by after I reflash to Stage II this afternoon w/ yerrow :D

6. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

you did see he said monday and not friday right. i just didnt want you to make a useless trip.

7. DOH lol

well flip is gonna be there today to pick up some stuff too, so maybe lol

Reading is fundamental I suppose lol

8. 03bugeye

03bugeye Member

i have the 03 wrx up there, silver with gun metel rims, was up on a rack for about 7 weeks..lol, think scott has it with him at his house, been doing the intial break ina nd then my tune...might have seen it up there.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to hear its coming together ;)

10. 03bugeye

03bugeye Member

Thanks, sure is comming togehter, scott seems to be happy with the outcome..after a complete rebuild no check engine lights what so ever!!

11. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Gosh. I dont know how you can be away from your car that long.. has to be hard. Glad to hear your on the home stretch and will have your baby back soon :p

12. 03bugeye

03bugeye Member

Thanks!

13. suby113

suby113 Member

Just wanteed to bump this thread for a friend They are leaving now for ATL and should be there around 3:00pm if any body wants to meet them up at SOG today or tommorrow.

14. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

i will be there to pick up some injectors so look for a loud legacy gt :)