Wanting to do a FMIC and meth injection on 06 sti.

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by s2kbrian, Jul 31, 2006.

1. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

i already have a walbro 255, TBE, Ecutek, green filter. do i need anything else other then a fmic or tmic? im wanting to do this within a few weeks. where would a good place be to get it and how much? Thanks BRian

2. suby113

suby113 Member

We'll I would say get it up at SOG but according to your profile your quite a way aways from there.

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

no real need to do a fmic, unless you're going to a bigger turbo.

If you're just going with meth inj. it'd be best to go for a bigger top mount.

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i agree. rolling trip doesnt have a front mount and his car is a beast on meth. i think a fmic would be counter productive at this point. personaly i wouldn worry about an ic until you deside if you want an aftermarket turbo or not. brian is still using the stock sti top mount on meth and a gt30r. i guess im saying dont waste your money on parts your going to change later. 2cents

5. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

ya ss installed the ecutek for me. i was thinking of just getting a perrin tmic with the meth. either is fine with me. i could do the bigger turbo right now but i want to see how the car does with just the meth. im just looking to get this done in like a week or so.

6. pEd

talk (pm) to Brian. I **think** he's got one of those SS Autochrome top mounts with his 30r. That'd be a much bigger tmic and not a lot of $$.

7. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

about how much is injectors, fmic, and a 20g installed and tuned.? i might jsut go this route and add meth later on.

8. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Hmm.. I'm interested in a fmic too. anyone know of any special firment issues with the 06's ??

I was liking the aps frontmounts because they tuck under the stock bumper beam, but man are they pricey.

9. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

i want to try and get about 400 whp.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

with a 20g, FMIC and 800+cc injectors u should be around 430 whp with a good tune

edit: forgot about the meth

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  11. pEd

^^ you'll probably need meth to get a 20g to the 400 whp range.

You may want to look at a FP Green, SZ55, or the **not yet released** Helix RR500.

Then again there's always rotated.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yup... forgot about that

13. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

So I guess this means your keeping your car, huh?

14. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

if i got a fp green how reliable will the car be then? where can u get a good deal at for the fmic injectors and the turbo? i was just planning on getting the 20g without meth but i would like to have at least 400 whp. also i really havent seen any fmic on an 06 yet. i wonder how good it will fit on it. Thanks Brian

15. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

ya i plan on keeping the car now. i have ecutek, fuel pump, tbe, perrin ebcs right now. i plan on getting the fp green turbo now.
    what size injectors do i need? i also plan on getting the APS DR 525 FMIC. i am going to get the aps intake also. I dont need to get bov now do i? stock should be fine with this setup? is there anything else i am missing? Thanks for the help
    Brian

16. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Have you or anyone else researched the aps fmic fitment on the aps on an 06 nose?

I'm interested in that intercooler as well, since I like that it tucks under the factory bumper beam.

17. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

18. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I think Perrin makes a fmic specifically for the '06 ;) They look really nice on there.

SS

19. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Ah cool Scott, it's good to know that more MY06 specific stuff is out, I'll check out the new Perrin.

What I like about the APS setup is that it maintains the factory USDM strength bumper beam for strength. I went ahead and pm'd peter@aps on the forementioned thread at iwsti to check to see if there are plans to offer an 06 specific version of their fmic's.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  20. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006