Starting a Regular Marietta/Kennesaw Meet?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by flip, Jul 30, 2006.

1. flip

flip Member

EDIT:
    Ok since some are not interested involleyball, lets stick to the US Play idea for the first meet. Its going to be thursday the 24th. Lets meet at 7:30pm in the parking lot and when everyone gets there we'll go get a lane...

Sound good? Lets get some attendance!! Hopefully everyone that chimed in down below can make it...

Orig. Post:
    I'm trying to gather interest in starting a Bi-Weekly or monthly WRXATL meet for the Marietta/Kennesaw peeps. I know there are a decent ammount of meets but it seems like i can hardly ever make it out to them since they are so far away from my area :(. Lets fix this! :D

Who would go to a regular meet to go bowling, or play pool, maybe volleyball at sidelines, chill in a parking lot, eat somewhere or just something to hang out with our fellow wrx'ers in our area?

Who's Down?
    Flip
    LiquidForce
    06SilverBullet
    slowwrx
    baddriver
    techlord
    jason
    calmnothing
    Nemesis Digital
    J Suby
    Ayrton
    jtmoney

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

volleyball at sidelines sounds like fun.

3. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I was trying to set this up a while back but there wasn't much interest...I am definitely down Philip...

Mark

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I'm in

Week nights are better for me than weekends

5. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

damn.....

too bad I don't live on that side o'town anymore.

6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I'm up for weeknights.

Bowling sounds like good cheap fun.

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

I will definitely make as many as possible. I am down with the volleyball at sidelines...Good beer selection as well.

8. jason

jason Member

Thats kinda my area. Im in Kennesaw all the time. Id be down for something.

9. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

That sounds cool with me

10. MarkM2016GTI

I would be down for planning a monthly bowling meet if enough people are interested. I mentioned that when we were at US Play. That would be fun....

Mark

11. flip

flip Member

Sweet, it looks like we'd have a decent turnout :). In a day or two I'll go ahead and set a date for our first meeting... Gonna let some more peeps chime in before then and give their input.

12. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I'll be going go SPSU starting on the 19th so I'll be in the marietta area! That would probably be pretty good for me!

13. J Suby

J Suby Member

i'm not exactly in the area but i'm down for whatever

14. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I am down for meeting up when I am back in atlanta, but that isnt very often...

15. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll try and make it out to whatever I can if I'm not working. School's out for the summer so I've got a couple weeks of lots of free time until 8-20 when it starts back up.

16. Ayrton

Ayrton Member

Just let me know when and where.

17. Yeah and maybe we can go cruising up and down Barrett Pkwy..

18. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

If thats what the meet evolves into I'll pass. I'd rather hang out as far away from the ricers and assholes as possible. May as well go to Moreland if I want to see that kinda action.

19. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Yeah, I'm not up for cruising local roads. I'd rather meeet up with other members and socialize.

Maybe we can make plans for a road trip or mountain drive later.

20. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

ill come out since i live right down the road. however i never have any problems going to other meets. i guess 30 miles isnt too far for me. just let me know a time and place and ill be there.

21. Ill try to make it flipper lol

22. flip

flip Member

Sweet :) sounds good.

23. MarkM2016GTI

Let's get this rollin'.....LOL.....We will have a nice turnout...

Mark

24. flip

flip Member

And yeah, I agree. It will be eatier a meet, eat, chill, pool, bowling, something type thing or an organized mountain run. Oh, fyi... I LOVE MOUNTAIN RUNS!!! :wiggle: :ddirty: :wiggle: :ddirty: :wiggle:
    I'm leanin torwards a sidelines volleybal meet or USPlay, they have specials on bowling on certain days of the week... Any other ideas for the first one?

25. MarkM2016GTI

A mountain cruise would be great Flip....That would definitely be a blast...

Mark

26. Was being sarcastic about the cruising Barrett pkwy.

27. MarkM2016GTI

I have set up the bowling g2g's for a while now...at US Play...there have been 3 already...I will make it a monthly meeting...

Mark

28. Scooby

Scooby New Member

I am in for weekend meets

29. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

U.S. Play will work, I'll look forward to bowling a few frames.

For me weekday evenings are better.

30. the06blue

the06blue New Member

yo bros count me in i just moved down here i think marrietta sounds familar im from buford lol dont no my way around alot but ill ask my mom im deff lookin to meet new friends

31. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

There's a huge parking lot off Wade Green that the stunt bike guys use on Thursdays. I would guess that we could probably use the same lot on a different night and bring some cones to make a mini auto X... (not kidding)

or we could cut the lock on the old Malibu Grand Prix and use the old go kart tracks that are still there. (kidding)

Mike

32. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

I could maybe go for some bowling now and then...if the dates work out.

33. MarkM2016GTI

I can set up another Tuesday or Thursday evening bowling g2g. I will be working swing shift, so as soon as I find out my schedule, I will post up...

Mark

34. flip

flip Member

that sounds awesome :-D, especially the malibu grand prix part hahaha!

Ok, I'm thinking about setting our first meet for wednesday of next week. Anyone have problems with the date? I'll go over all the input and decide a place shortly.

35. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I can make next Wed.

36. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Somehow I will be off that day, so, count me in.

37. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

38. MarkM2016GTI

I'll be working....Thank God.....I am finally starting my job @ OFS Optics Monday...Yayyy...

Mark

39. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

congrats on your new job!

40. chuglobal

chuglobal Member

Yo

I think it would be cool to have a meet in the NW however I already have plans on Wed nights. :) :wtc:

41. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Hey I'm still up for Wed. It would be cool if we at least could survey the parking lot, in addition to the actual meet-up.

42. jason

jason Member

Im willing to meet up with you guys Wed.
    Just let me know When and where.

43. flip

flip Member

Ok, i know it's the day before wednesday, but anyone still down to meet? Lets do US Play for the first one. They have some bowling specials on wednesdays...

Who's down?

I wana make sure we have more than just a couple people before we confirm... If not we can always start it up next week...

44. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Don't know if ill make it but i'll try.

45. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I can make it to U.S. Play anytime after 6:15 PM ..

Can we set a time?

46. MarkM2016GTI

Flip, the best deals on Bowling are on Tuesdays and Thursdays...FYI...

Mark

47. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

If I don't see anything posted here I will i will show up at 7:30 PM sharp at U.S Play and check the parking lot.

Does 7:30pm sound like a good meeting time if this meet is going to happen?

48. flip

flip Member

Ok, i was mistaken then. Since this was such short notice and there were only a couple people that might have made it, lets go ahead and set the date for thurdsday next week. Does anyone have a problem with that?

Another thing we could do is play volleyball at my buddys complex. they have a sand volleyball court and a pool. they always have a good bit of people playing on wednesdays so we coudl get a few teams together (not sure if i mentioned this before, don't feel like reading all that...). Thoughts?

49. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Glad I saw that I was about to go out there!!

50. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I just got back.

I'm not interested in volleyball.