ugh, this week f*cking sucks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

that is all.

/alex

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I hear ya.....gotta get focused to finish strong myself...probably not as bad a week as your having but....trust yourself and don't be afraid of change.....what doesn't kill you make you stronger is sooo cliche..but a different perspective often gives birth to greater priorities..

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

Sounds Like Someone Needs A :beer:
    kinda cool if you type all in caps it only caps the first letter of every post.:keke:

4. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

getting back into this whole school thing blows

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Working 12-14 hr shifts vs my normal 8 hr shifts blows! And what sucks even more is I don't get overtime as I am salaried. I do get comp time but still if I got overtime I would have one KILLER paycheck for the next 3 paychecks.

6. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

:wtc:

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:keke:

8. jayj713

jayj713 Member

my college schedule is so easy :). I never have class after 11:50 except for labs on thursdays. which can last up to 2:50 sometimes.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Heh wait until you get into the real world.....sometimes I wish I was still in college.

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

This week DOES suck and +1^

11. Ava

Ava Member

HERE'S TO THAT!!! +1000000, crap happened today that i much rather get fired!

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

I dunno man. I'd like to have a job that I work on all day as long as it didn't mean having to study my ass off when I got home in the evening. I mean, I'm sure you know better than me considering you've been through both, but I have a good number of friends that co-op (work full time jobs every other semester) and they all greatly prefer work semesters to school semesters.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Heheheh I don't mean to brag but I have always been gifted enough to only have to study for finals. I would much rather have 1-2 weeks of sleepless nights studying my ass off than to put up with the everyday hassel of a full time job.....maybe it's my career in general. I'm a programmer for the billing department of a telecommunications co-op.:eek:hnoes:

14. Alex

To add to it, the entire banking point of this week (a new job) just fell through.

:ky:

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

Touche' And I wasn't saying you to study every night. But there is still something always hanging over your head, stuff that you should do (study and homework). I just think I would enjoy it much more if school was a 9 to 5 deal and I never had to worry about doing stuff on my nights or weekends.

16. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

careers aren't 9-5 (8hr) deal either...well depending on what you do I guess

17. Demo24

Demo24 Member

agreed. Late tuesday part of my school got struck by lightening which proceded to fry practically all the electrical wires in that building. Thankfully a UPS saved our main switches, and the others must have just been lucky. However it's going to be a good while before they get it powered again. Old building so it's gonna be hell to rewire it. Probably going to have a lot of equipment failure to deal with when things do get powered again.

Damage was crazy to. Completely blew up the box in the building. Melted all the wires, even the huge ones. Unfortunatly this building has the most computer labs also, so that should be fun. Already took out one known UPS, which thankfully saved our fiber switch.

18. Alex

What school do you go to?

19. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

well when all else fails, at least there is still chipotle and vteck. my .02

20. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Anyone want to try to do Chiplote today say around 1:30ish? I have to go to Fry's and SOG...

21. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

Its Been Along Week

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have been in school sooo long... i think school and work are blending into the same thing... when i co-op'd at TI this summer, it didnt seem like the mentality was any different from school... i guess thats what u get in a research career

23. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

well I didn't get to start class this week for my ins. license, this blows
    stupid clerical errors
    I'm so fucking pissed, I need to start making money. *kicks something*

24. BhamRoadrunner

BhamRoadrunner New Member

Well I've had my share of bad weeks, so I feel your pain.

This week has been pretty awesome for me. I get to pick between two jobs that I want to go to. That's about the biggest decision of my week. Stay with Southern or go elsewhere?

Next week will suck when I'm broke.

25. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Still in high school up here in Gainesville