Subaru Challenge Atlanta! CANCELED

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, Jun 14, 2006.

1. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Sign up now if you are interested, as Randy said that they are going to make the decision on Friday.

--
    Brian

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

How come Scott Siegel is not signed up for this event? I will make some more hideous photoshop pictures if he doesn't sign up!

[need to call more people out and get them to sign up]

--
    Brian

3. WJM

WJM Banned

Do it.

I am registered.

STX will fall to t3h JDM 2.5 RS!!!!!!!!!!!

4. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

crap, was just about to pay then looked at my calendar and realized it's GT family weekend and my parents are coming up for the football game, looks like it'll be fun though.

5. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Bring the fam! Rent them a car and let them tear it up. :D

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:bigthumb:^100000000

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

screw the football game!!! AutoX

--
    Brian

8. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Son of a bitch. This really sucks. Just got the cancelation email today.

9. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

Damn....you know if this cancellation is a matter of getting freebees and trophies to the event...I SAY SCREW IT. Screw the trophies, can the give-aways, leave the tents in the warehouse...lets still have the event and just have some fun. I don't need that first place trophy anyway. I don't care if I have to bring my own lunch...let's just put on a regular autocross for some good enthusiasts. I would rather have an event without extras than have no event at all.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  10. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

i was really looking forward to this. I would agree i'd rather have it with no prizes than not have it at all. :(

11. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Preach on brother :bowdown: . Thats what I have been saying in the cancellation thread.

12. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I concur. I was so excited about this event and spent a lot of time trying to prepare and practice for it. It just really sucks that this didn't come together.

13. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

What would it take to organize our own if we don't care about sanctioning, classes, or whatever and just want to have a good safe time.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

a fairly decent amount in finance

15. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

It would be easier to organize and get everyone to go to a regular SCCA event. It wouldn't be subaru only, but we could almost take it over completely.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

and there's the WRXatlanta challenge at every scca event :)
    click the link in my signature for details

17. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

We'd love to have more Subarus at our events. We are averaging over 200 people per event this season, so I wouldn't say you'd be taking over, but we could certainly handle some more Scoobies. Our next event is 10/8, the day after the original Challenge date (also at the Fairgrounds).

18. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

200...HOLY CRAP...that's a lot. In Savannah, we had like 30.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ill be at that one for sure

20. crashtke

Has ANYONE recieved their refund? I still have recieved nothing from these guys...I am about to contact paypal and my bank.

21. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah, they sent out checks a long time ago

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

whoever hasn't received refunds, please PM me... i'll try to get it taken care of

23. crashtke

I have not. I will check through the mail stack again, but I have not recieved it....would have been MUCH easier just to refund by paypal. Sent ya a pm.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  24. clemsonscooby

Yeah, they sent them in the mail by check about a week before the event was actually supposed to happen. They aren't supposed to re-paypal you.

25. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I never got my refund either. Can you make sure they send it to my new address. The post office seems to be picking and choosing the mail they are forwarding to me. I have gotten maybe 10 pieces of mail in the past 5 months. PM'd with address.

26. crashtke

Oh I know they are not issuing the refund by paypal. But it would have been so much easier I think. Double checked mail stack..no refund.

27. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Interesting, I must have received a check months ago....Milo will take care of ya.

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have contacted the appropriate people... will post an update when i hear back from them

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

30. clemsonscooby

It would have costed them an extra 3% on all refunds. Granted it would have been more convenient, but I guess stamps were cheapier...

31. crashtke

Ah, well I guess that does make sense. Now to see about getting my stamped refund.

32. crashtke

Well got a reply today. They said that they did not have my address so they never sent a check...I guess it did not occur to them to send an email to the paypal address that I paid with asking for an address.......I call bs.