question about NOPI

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Ava, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Ava

Ava Member

It's been a really long time since I made it to NOPI. So please take sometime to update me on how this work and what everyone is doing. Thanks a bunch!

1) Are most people making it out on sat?
    2) website has it 40 bucks per tickets, is this right? I remember it being 25...
    3) Is everyone meeting up at Varsity? and why so early?
    4) Is there any caravan from North, Alpha...etc?
    5) what is there to do? Last time I made it to NOPI was about 6 years ago, all I did was walked around and look at cars and get to know people as some of those who knows me, which is about a handful =).
    6) I see posts going back and fourth about getting parking and stuff, is this for parking outside of the show or is everyone in the show of some sort?

Thanks a bunch for your time!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yes
    not sure but if it says it on their website then it should be accurate
    yes... leaving early so everyone can get in and park our cars in the correct sections
    there is one being developed here
    pretty much it... last year there was some professional drifting too
    most people are registered to be in the show

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

1yes most will bethere on sat
    2yes 40 a day is right. it costs alot to put on a show like this and it has grown alot in 6 years.
    3varsity on 75 is the meeting spot. its early cause we want to get there and set so we look organized.
    4yes theres a caravan from guinette they will be meeting up with us at the varsity so it will be earlier than the varsity one.
    5there a drift compition carshow concert by ludacris at night burn out contest lowrider hydrolic comp........
    6most of the people on here have register with the carclub to show there cars. the main reason is you get 2 2day tix for 85 and you get to park with wrxatlanta.

edit damn milo your on it.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Also, there will be a Forza 2 Tournament, the Drift Event, Bikini Contest, Ludaris concert, Hydrolic Competition, SPL Competition. There will be lots to see and do. I don't think many of us plan on being there Sunday also, guess it all depends on how hot it is Saturday and how drained everybody feels when it is time to leave. Last year I don't think any of us went back on Sunday.

5. Ava

Ava Member

I'm assuming that if I'm not in the show, I can't park with wrxatlanta then?

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Correct, The Show pass allows us to park infield as a group. If you are not entered in the show, you will be parking outside. If you are bringing anyone with you, it pretty much pays to register for the show. It will be $15 more, but you will also get a bag of car junk, usually sample packets of meguires wax and some other stuff. They had really nice Tin Nopi Nationals plates last year, probably the nicest thing in the bag, and then some other cheap crap.

7. Ava

Ava Member

What do you mean by bring a friend? another car or if someone rides with you? if you're talking about a friend, how many people can you have in the car?

8. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

he's saying that it is cheaper to register for the show if you have another person riding with you cause yall can split it and would be cheaper than to buy tix as a spectator.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Also, should be interested in seeing Mr. Luda, there is another ticket that provides reserved seeting for his show.

10. Ava

Ava Member

is it too late to register for the show ticket thing? so that I can park with you all?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  11. suby113

suby113 Member

no its not too late but like me I will have to go to Roll call to get my tickets. By the way anyone have info on when and where this is at NOPI?

12. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Round the front somewhere.