a n00bs first post

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by papatel, Sep 11, 2006.

1. papatel

papatel Member

Hello everyone,
    I've been in atl with an sti for some time now but I haven't had a chance to post here until now. I think i read some posts earlier about a sti swapped gc8...

This would be my car :)
    99RS coupe with a complete 05 sti driveline and suspension swap. It took me six+ months to get it all together but I can finally say its done for sure.

I'm a 4th year EE student at tech (prison number: gtg383q).
    Anyone know if there is a subaru club at tech? I see enough wrx's... we should start one if there isn't.

-Patrick.

Attached Files:

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome to the site man! very nice ride..there are quite a few people on the site that go to tech

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Welcome to the club!

I'm going to be a 4th year also. We've got a facebook group at Tech.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Welcome. I love your car. I see your car around campus all the time. There isn't really a GT Subaru club, but this club was started by a current Tech student and there are (as Kris said) quite a few of us on here that are also students.

5. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

welcome to the club.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I think I saw you today at 85 and pleasant hill.Your car does look very tasty...

7. papatel

papatel Member

Yep, went to SOG to get some fluids changed. Stock fluids FTW!! Royal Purple tranny fluid FTL...

I guess i'll consider this the gatech subaru club ;)

Any meets comming up?

8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

very nice ride, I wonder how mine would stack up to yours, the only difference is that you have the 6speed

9. Hairpin555

Hairpin555 New Member

... its YOU!

He is the guy who spread the Subaru virus to me. RUNNN!!! :rofl:

Tae

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wassup man... i met u at SOG when will was working on ur car ;)

glad u made it out here

11. papatel

papatel Member

Awesome! Is yours the coupe as well? I also got a scott seigel tune at SOG after installing an aftermarket dp. What tranny do you have?

-Patrick

12. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

What he said, are there going to be any meets ???

13. suby113

suby113 Member

cool ride dude! welcome!

14. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

welcome to the site!
    nice GC. that is exactly what i want to do w/ one at somepoint. i just have to find the money and time to do it.

15. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Welcome to the club. Nice ride man!!

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

next meet coming up is the pre nopi g2g at dave n busters... link in my signature

17. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Welcome mang. Nice looking set of mods you got there.

18. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

yeah, a white 2000 coupe. I've got a Helix DP and prodrive axel-back +SS tune. I've got a version 6 5-speed. Hoping to get a Hyperflow top mount sometime soon.

Alex

19. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

welcome, i'm a noob here as well
    IE major, I take Marta to Midtown everyday :(

20. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Very cool car. One of my favorite Subaru body styles. It seems like there are a lot of educated people on this forum. Must be the reason we all bought Subys.

21. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ah you finally made it on here, I must see you once a day. You've definately seen the blue sti with the wrxatlanta banner on the windshield.

22. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I am very impressed with your ride. How the hell did you find a full 05 swap?

I graduated from tech back in 03 with an EE degree.

--
    Brian

23. papatel

papatel Member

Definately seen your car on campus Alex :) You're car is what reminded me to start posting here...

Brain: I purchased the wrecked 05 sti from someone in dallas for about 12k. The only things that were damaged in wreck were the chasis (car was blatantly totaled), the driveshaft, and the tranny mount. I purchased the gc from a dude in florida for 5k because it happened to have a ruined engine and tranny; this swap was meant to happen... Knowledge performance did most of the work for the swap but they took way to long (over 6 months) so I moved the project to SOG where it was skillfully completed (by WJM) within two weeks.

24. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Are all of the meets usually that far north ??

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

the most south we go is usually downtown

26. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

well let me know when there is one a little closer to home, gas prices are out of controll :eek3:

27. Deke

Deke Active Member

Have they been climbing again? This weekend I noticed they were definitely down.

28. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I got gas the other day for about $2.65 a gallon. The first time in ages it was under $3.

29. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Stopped by your car today by Wachovia and gave it another lookin'. Well done :bigthumb:

30. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

Beautiful GC man. I am most definitely envious. I would love to see it in person. BTW, I found gas (yes super 93 oct) for 2.25 yesterday. I almost cried a tear of joy...