Can you guys suggest a good paint shop?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by dustybottoms, Sep 18, 2006.

1. dustybottoms

dustybottoms Member

I tried searching, with very few results. I want to repaint a wingless trunk, which is currently world rally blue, to java black pearl for my STi.

Can anyone suggest a good shop? Also, any idea of the cost?

Thanks guys!!

2. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

SOG recommended the following to me for work on my '03:

Autoglo
    770-939-2336
    2200 Flintstone Dr
    Tucker GA 30084

Gwinnett Collision Center Inc
    770-945-0161
    305 Sharon Industrial Way
    Suwanee GA 30024

3. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

i have a few cans of spray paint that makes it a nice primer gray!:sx:

I dont know anyone around town but you mite want to call SOG to see who they would recommend.
    Sorry i could not be any more help.

4. dustybottoms

dustybottoms Member

Thanks for the replys guys. (hey that rhymes)

I probably should have added that I am in buckhead. It would take me years to get out to SOG. :)

5. jayj713

jayj713 Member

if you get it done can you post up how much it cost? I'm kind of interested too.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

one of our members works at a body shop in gwinnett... he does real good work... send me a PM is u want his contact info

7. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Also have to throw in Taylor collision in Duluth and Suwanee. They painted the rear window scoops on my wife's Mustang for a decent price. Prepped, primered and painted for $200. I would guess redoing a trunk lid would be cheaper and they can paint match.

8. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

take milomans advice, i did and i'm still happy with the results!

9. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

When my car was hit on the side, I took it to autoglo. I have java black as well and I honestly cannot see the difference between the repaired stuff and the original. Those guys will take care of you...they even touched up a few spots that weren't part of the repair at no cost. Also...if you go to their lot...you will pretty much only see mercedes, bmw, cadillac and audi...that should tell you the level of business that they usually deal with.