Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Anyone one the south side???

2. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Well hell, welcome aboard Charles and Mike. Good times are had by all here on WRXatlanta.
    Mike i have a good pal out there in Newnan. Im sure that i will run into you when i get back.
    Take advantage of all that goes on here on wrxatlanta, there is never a bad question and i promise that you will get answers much quicker than you expect, often times before you can refresh your browser.
    Enjoy
    Tom

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome to all the newbies!!!

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome everyone :)

5. cheffone

cheffone New Member

Where do you live? Buckhead
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Daryl
    What do you drive?06 wrxtr blue
    How modded is your ride?nothing yet
    Where do you usually by parts?looking
    Do you visit any other local boards?nope
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?go baby go
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?yep
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta. coworker saw bumper sticker

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Welcome!!

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome... im in buckhead too

8. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

hey dude, good to see ya dropped by here - nice meeting ya last week ;)

how's the new rubber treating ya?

9. nicali

nicali Member

1. Where do you live? Dunwoody
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Ali (me) or Nicole (my wife)
    3. What do you drive? '06 STI
    4. How modded is your ride? Just wheels & tires for now ; gauges, strut bar, sway bars next
    5. Where do you usually by parts? online or Top Speed so far
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? IA, a couple times a month
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Been keeping stock to feel the ride, but would prefer 80% GO 20% SHOW
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? yes, just about everytime
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Flip told me about it.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome :wavey:

11. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Hi all!

Hello everyone, nice to find a local board. I just got a WRB 02 WRX, it is my first Subaru, and my first turbo charged car...it is pretty much awesome. He is a bit more about me.

Where do you live? East Atlanta, off of Glenwood Ave

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Marc

What do you drive? 2002 WRB WRX

How modded is your ride? Turbo back exhaust w/o cat, AccessPort, Cobb Stage 2 map

Where do you usually by parts? Mostly online, but it would be nice to find a
    local shop.

Do you visit any other local boards? nope

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yes.

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? At clubwrx.net

12. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

woohoo..another bugeye!! welcome to the site man!

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta... Sakari Motorsports, Subaru of Gwinnett and Topspeed are our local vendors... both SOG and TS have good in house tuners...

14. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Hey alright!

Do you guys know anything about Batl Ground? It is a tuning shop off of Armor Drive, by that new MARTA repair hub.

15. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

did you gut the uppie? i hope so if you're running AP stage 2....welcome!

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

most of us do not have much experience with Batlground... however slowwrx has worked with them... send him a PM for his opinion

17. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

As far as I know, it is running the stock up pipe...if that is what you are talking about.

I bought the car used, already modified, the guy who sold it to me did not mention the up pipe. He did mention the AP, downpipe, catless exhaust, and Turbo XS BOV. I have been driving the car very carefully since I have had it, I wont lie, I have been on it a few times, but for the most part I haven't been letting the boost get much higher than 7lbs...I have an appointment at batlground on Thursday on the dyno.

The Cobb website doesn't list the up pipe as a requirement for the Stage 2 map, unless you know something I don't know.

To be honest, I need a serious education on everything forced induction. I understand the basics, but I want to know more about danger zones etc...the little reading that I have done at Clubwrx.net and cobbtuning.net on the forums has just loaded me with questions.

Can anyone point me to a knowledge base?

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the site! For some education, check out howstuffworks.com. They have a great writeup on forced induction.

19. RallySTiLE

RallySTiLE New Member

Hi Everyone

We just currently moved down to the hot, hot south a few months ago. We went to the local (which is apparently the only) Subaru dealer in these parts - SOG - and they mentioned checking out your group if I was interested in the WRX/STi's. And so here I am!

Brief intros...
    1. Where do you live?
    Currently living in Suwanee.

2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    Ferdinand or Ferdie for short.

3. What do you drive?
    A 2001 Subaru Outback but I've got my heart and sights set on an STi (once I save up enough loot).

4. How modded is your ride?
    All I have is a K&N filter. Can that even be considered a "mod?"

5. Where do you usually by parts?
    Since it's stock, just at the dealers.

6. Do you visit any other local boards?
    I've taken a viewing of NASIOC the odd times.

7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    Unfortunately stock as there is no support to improve the performance of an Outback.

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    No. But I always point you guys out to my wife or whomever else is a passenger at the time.

9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    From the folks at Subaru of Gwinnett.

20. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

welcome!

I just joined a couple weeks ago and I'm surprised how often new people are joining. You may have jumped the gun saying there are no mods though... I'm sure there are other people on here that could have you pulling on anything for the right price in that outback :coolugh:

But welcome to the site, try and make it out to some meets you'll learn a ton the most efficient way possible, by experiencing it all. I was at nopi and it was great, can't wait for the next get together.

-Curtis

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta :wavey:

22. WoRX

WoRX New Member

Just stop'n by to say what's up. New guy here out of Columbia, SC. I stopped by the both at Nopi Nationals. Blink hooked me and a fellow subie up with the Tunervision people. Big ups for that.

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome... i was in columbia for a night over the long weekend... got pretty smashed with a couple friends... good times

24. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome aboard

25. wrxin8or

awesome...another SC suby!!!

i just hope youre not a gamecock fan haha

26. WoRX

WoRX New Member

LoL I gave up on them a while back.

27. wrxin8or

haha nice

28. wrxtasy04

wrxtasy04 New Member

1. lexington, ky (saw you guys at nopi so i figured i would check you out)
    2.karl
    3. 2004 subaru wrx
    4. mostly bolt ons (uppipe, downpipe, accesport, air intake, etc.
    5. ebay or other online people
    6. sometimes
    7. a little show and go
    8. yeah i do!!
    9. NOPI baby!!

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta :)

30. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Welcome to the boards.....You will really like it here...

Mark

31. vikingblood

vikingblood New Member

1-where does everyone live? downtown Atlanta/Alpharetta
    2-where do you buy your parts...local shops? haven't yet....but i will be soon enough. reccomendations?
    3-whatcha drive and how extensively modified are you? 2005 Impreza 2.5 rs....i'll be working on the mods
    4- are you on any of the other local boards? nope
    5- show, go, stock and staying that way. stock for now...hopefully not for long.
    6- do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? indeed.

32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta

33. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

1. Where do you live?

Midtown, right next to the civic center.

2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?

Matt, Matthew, hey dude. Whatever, just not Sancho.

3. What do you drive?

2006 Black WRX ltd.

4. How modded is your ride?

Not much yet, Whiteline 26mm RSB, Kartboy Shortshifter....Don't really know where I'm gonna go from here, I need to get to a meet and ride in some peoples cars.

5. Where do you usually by parts?

SOG, FastWRX.com

6. Do you visit any other local boards?

NASIOC.

7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?

Mostly Go, I'm about half de-badged right now, can't decide if I want to keep the WRX on and take off the Subaru Symbol, or vise versa. 32% Tint and eventually I'll do Rims, but that's as far as I'll go on the outside. Streetable Sky is the limit on Go though. Basically I'll always want my car as a nice and reliable daily driver.

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?

Hell, I even wave to parked WRX's with no one in them on the side of the road. Folks that aren't on wrxatlanta.com probably think I'm insane waving like a madman.

Sticker on the back of a members car while driving on 285 one day, he waved to me. I really need to get one of those stickers.

34. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta... the subaru emblem on the trunk of the 06 has holes behind it... hence i have left mine on for now

im in buckhead so we're pretty close by... both alex and i carry stickers with us at all times... make it to a meet and introduce yourself to one of us and a pair of decals will be free... see ya around sometime

35. Alex

Welcome to WRXatlanta.com, be sure to send a PM to myself or Milo if you have any questions, comments or concerns!

36. yOyO

yOyO New Member

1. Where do you live? Marietta.
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Jun or Junu
    3. What do you drive? 04 WRX STI, Blue with gold rims and prob. the only STI here with a MD tag.
    4. How modded is your ride? Stock
    5. Where do you usually by parts? n/a
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? n/a
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? go
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yup
    I was washing my car on peachtree road and this guy came to me and gave me a props. for my car and he told me about this website.

37. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Welcome all....What part of Maryland are you from Jun?. I am originally from Bethesda...Cool, another person from MD.....

Mark

38. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

Hey Jun did a guy by the name of Ben in a red mustang tell you about the club?

39. Alex

Welcome yo :wavey:

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta :)

41. wrxin8or

welcome

42. yOyO

yOyO New Member

Thank you, I feel very welcome :)
    Silverbullet, I am from Ellicott City, MD. Nice to meet you.
    Chemsoldier, yes indeed his name was Ben and told me his buddy had a Blue WRX, kindly enough to let me know about this club.

Go, Subie family!!! ;)

43. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

That was my roommate and he told me about it the night he talked to you. Good to see you on the board. Hope to see you at some of the G2G's.

44. yOyO

yOyO New Member

Hey, good to see you too! I cant wait to attend some of the meetings!

45. JustAnIrishLad

JustAnIrishLad New Member

whats up everybody? my name's paul and I live around the marietta/kennesaw area. I drive my beater everywhere... because it's the only car I have right now (read:getting out of debt) It's an flat black 94 civic with black gsr rims and 20%tint. I've thrown out the wave to a few guys around here but y'all dont even notice me :)

Just figured if I introduced myself on here then yall might not think its weird that some dude in a honda is waving at you

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta paul :)

47. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Welcome Paul an older civic is one of the best things to hold on to. If I had the room I would have kept my 93 civic..

48. Galimore

Galimore Member

Finally posting...

Hey I'm Justin Galimore - and I'm finally starting to get some money to dump on my car so its time to get more involved :) . Right now I'm a 3rd year student at Georgia Tech, living off campus on Shallowford Road @ I-85 on the north-side. Originally from Fayetteville, GA. Bought my '05 WRX Sedan last August new, currently pushing 26K miles and love the car.

So far all I've had time/money to do is:
    -Pull the muffler off and have a straight pipe fitted for $20 (love the rumble)
    -20% Window tint
    -two 10" Alpine type-r subs, Alpine 650w rms amp, Alpine cda-9833 head unit
    In the near future I plan on ordering a gauge cluster w/dash mount, and I have turboback exhaust, tire/wheel, and sway bars/suspension upgrades on the list if I ever get the cash.

I've done a few autocrosses with SCCA and at BMW meets (love making those RE92's squeal :wiggle: ) - have met a few members that way, and see a lot of you around Atlanta/Gwinnett and at Varsity meets. Always go out of my way to wave at other WRX's, think its a great community. Cya around
    ~Justin

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the club :)

50. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Whats up Justin. I graduated from fayette county in 99. Welcome to the site and hope to see you around.:wavey: