New Ford Commercial

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Greg, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Has anyone seen that new mustang commercial?!? It has a STi pull up next to a new mustang and the kid like has a little daydream of the mustang beating him, so he slumps in his seat and turns on the green light instead of taking the mustang... :squint:

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

The new Mustang is faster than the WRX in a straight line...but no match for an STI no matter what kind of line it is.

Silly Ford.

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

No way! I haven't seen this commercial yet, but the advert company must clueless.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Its a WRB with a carbon hood and trunk

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

that'd be nothing new....:keke:

I definitely want to see this...was this on a regular channel or like Speed or something....

6. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

ah... that's why it lost. the carbon fiber slowed it down too much. :)

7. gte123v

gte123v Member

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

they need to read some facts

9. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

lol, kind of funny. Just imagine a new mustang owner encounters the same situation and gets left behind like he wasn't moving :)

10. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks Ford, for disappointing us once again. It's not bad enough that you're still giving the Mustang a solid axle instead of a limited-slip, which by the way Toyota did 21 years ago on it's Corolla! We're glad you finally figured out how to give one of your engines, the V6, some variable-valve timing a mere 15 years after Honda perfected it. That 3.8 liter engine is up to what, about 200 HP now? Mm hmm. Congrats! The Honda Civic Si is doing that with 2.0 liters.

And oh yeah... Let's not forget about the part where Ford Motor Corporation has lost upwards of 5.8 BILLION this year. But you can dis a 4 door sedan in your commercials so.... yeah, good job.

edti: I looked and it is actually a 4.0 Liter V6 that makes 210 HP. I don't mean to disrespect Ford though. It just seems like a 4 liter V6 should be able to make a little more power than that.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  11. Brian

Brian Active Member

thanks for the link, they shoulda used a honda

12. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Yeah...... like the Mustang can even take him off the line.....HELLO wet roads.

13. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

That's almost as good as the Magnum racing (and beating) the Esprit. Anyone remember that commercial too? Maybe someday Ford will learn...

14. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

The sad thing is the Mustang could be a great car if Ford wasn't worried about stupid crap.

I guess the mere fact that they have to make commercials like that one, whereas Subaru pretty much doesn't even need to advertise tells the story though.

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, i caught the end of this the other day. Thought it was an sti but couldn't tell for sure.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

funny... :squint:

at least when subaru made fun of fast, they weren't bullshitting ;)

17. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

lol i love it hahahaha...good times...goooood times

18. now, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that a bugeye with a wing? the vid is small and the eyes are weak.

edit: nope, I backed it up and its not a bugeye. what a dumbass commercial.

19. The new mustang with a v6 is one of the most unreliable cars out there. That said the v8s sound sweet and are fun to drive.torque is good horesepower is better.

20. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

Ford Sucks

21. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

OK, before this gets out of hand and into 'lol dumbmestic cars sux', keep this in mind for perspective. The STi gets no better gas mileage than the rather chunky, six liter 400hp v8 powered GTO... 100hp less and less than half the displacement and superawesomecool technology vs old skool push rod. You'd expect better.. wouldn't you?

PS: the 'pathetic' Ford v6 makes some nice torque from like 2k RPM up.. go look at the Civic Si dyno charts, or better yet drive one (I have). Torque peak at something like 6,500RPM isn't much fun.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  22. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah, I definitely see very little wrong with the new mustang gt. It's definitely one of the best afordable domestic sprts cars out there right now. While the commercial is inaccurate, it doesn't mean "Ford sucks." Cool your jets :)

23. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Ford has the potential to make truly AWESOME cars but they don't. Which I find disappointing. The truth is I love domestics and if you ever visit domestic forums you will find me posting there about as much as I do on import sights. I say the same things there as I do here.

4 liters and only 210 HP and 240 ft. lbs.... Call it what you want to, but I don't like it.

And I certainly won't argue about the Civic Si's torque. It is pretty pathetic by comparison but it's still only 2 liters.