Wagon owners HELP! Need to know what's missing!

Discussion in 'General Community' started by SkullWRX, Oct 23, 2006.

1. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I found this random hole in my driver's side rear door. Please look at the image below and let me know if it's a normal hole. if so what goes there? There's NOT a matching hole on the passenger side.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  2. Demo24

Demo24 Member

strange. I just went and looked at my car and I don't have a hole

3. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

damn. that's what i was afraid of. It's a clean hole too, almost like a drill bit. but i haven't drilled anything out ever on my car.... i put some electrical tape over it to keep out any water so it won't corrode any more but that's only a temporary fix

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

If anything its a wagon "hole." I looked at the STi and Ive got nothing so I suggested he post up here to see.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

no hole here either

6. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

hole for ziebart or something similar for rustproofing ?

7. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

what's ziebart? It's corroding slightly, so I don't think it's for rustproofing

8. ddwyer50

ddwyer50 Member

I think I know what it may be. Sometimes when you get dings removed from your car (like dent wizard), they need to drill a hole like that to get leverage on the dent or ding. But I think they are supposed to put a plug in it afterwards though, I'm not sure..

Dennis

9. Alex

interesting idea.

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah I have a dent that in order to fix, the dent guy said he'd have to drill a hole first.....

11. bullet entry

12. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

haha, i like the bullet idea. I had several dents removed from the car so that makes perfect sense. So should I take it back to the place and ask them to plug it? Or do ou know where I can get a plug from?

13. Check home depot, they have plugs for everything. Seriously.

Ask them for a butt plug, that is the style you would want.

14. ddwyer50

ddwyer50 Member

They use silicone so it never rusts the metal, and most Dent guys have nice plugs that I have been told look just like a factory plugs. But I'm sure you could find one at home depot or something.

Dennis

15. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

If you need a really big one just hit up Starship. :D

16. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Starship is a bit far, but I'll tell them you sent me moose... maybe i'll get your frequent buyer discount!
    solved with silicone and plastic plugs from HD. Apparently, the PDR guys don't usually plug the holes but they're so out of the way no one notices. All 3 of these that I could find were still open, but I had to really search for two of them. Only one had begun oxidizing too...

17. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

That's great. They were just going to let your car rust from the inside out. I would take it elsewhere for any further dent removal.

18. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

your body panels aren't coated on the inside anyway, so moisture can still get in there and cause rust.... But the exterior paint and stuff helps a lot with this since it never contacts the rain. Either way, it was fixed within 2 weeks and I scraped all of the rust off. Besides, I put on the silicone myself, so I trust that a lot more than someone else

19. Alex

That still doesnt solve where the hole came from though :)

20. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

ditto had that same hole on my prelude...usually from dent removal

21. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

Weight reduction