Oops!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by heathbar, Jan 14, 2007.

1. heathbar

heathbar Member

I was driving a little too aggresively late one night and hit a curb pretty hard while sliding sideways. Just felt like sharing some pictures. I got it all fixed, but I don't think the bastards aligned it properly because now it vibrates, especially at higher speeds (and more so when I turn the wheel right for some reason). So, I gotta take the car back in. :(

The curb:
    [​IMG]

The wheel:
    [​IMG]

The pieces:
    [​IMG]

Finally, what the driver's side wheel looked like when the passenger's side wheel was STRAIGHT:
    [​IMG]

2. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

ouch
    thanks god its just the wheel

is the spare tire directional (just kidding)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  3. cannarella

cannarella Member

Ouch!!! Where were you? Now you have an excuse to buy some new wheels...

Andy

4. heathbar

heathbar Member

Actually I was in Gainesville, FL visiting some friends on my way home to Orlando for the holidays.

New wheels would have been nice, but due to the repair costs I filed an insurance claim and got a new stock wheel, a new brake rotor, and some new suspension parts.

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

whoopsie :)

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that looks painful... hope the rest of the suspension is ok

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

yikes, don't know how I missed this earlier. Hope it all works/worked out alright for you.

8. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

9. suby113

suby113 Member

Damn bro good thing you weren,t hurt! when that happened to me when I owned a WRX it flipped it three times! hitting curbs with that force is dangerous! well once again glad ur ok and now time to get after market rims!

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Jack ---------> [​IMG] [​IMG] <------ Ass :keke: jk glad your ok dude...oh and nice spare :dirty:

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

the vibration sounds like it might be the steering rack....

12. heathbar

heathbar Member

Well, hopefully I'll find out wednesday when I take it to Progressive. If it needs repaired AGAIN, they're giving me a rental. :rolleyes: I just want "charlie" back in good health.

edit: woo hoo, 300 posts!

13. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

damn dude......

That sucks.

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to hear you are alright. Perhaps the new wheel has the wrong weights on it.