wrx tune

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by T-Boy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. T-Boy

T-Boy Member

Have a 02 wrx with a vf34 and supproting mods, Utec.
    I need to get a tune, and also a clucth install. What shop would be good for both? Price and workmanship taken into consideration. I've heard of SOG and the good things, but i'd like to see other as many options (good) as possible before i dop the dime.
    Thanks

2. T-Boy

T-Boy Member

lol....i'm also trying to get my 25 post count so i can list the items i have for sale!:p

3. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

SOG.......lol

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if possible, get rid of UTEC... i had it and hated it... no point spending money for a good tune just to have it crap out on you when the weather changes a little

i am very happy with accessport... scott siegel at SOG has been tuning my cars for over 3 years now with very good results... he could tune your UTEC as well

dan at batlground is also a good tuner... not sure what software he tunes though

5. T-Boy

T-Boy Member

Scott has mentioned the accessport, over the utec. The utec was bought when it was still a new thing on the market, and has been on the car since. The car sat for long periods of time as the military will hinder your relationship with your car lol:eek:hnoes:
    And now since there is some down time, the vf34, injectors, pump, fmic, suspension, sway bar, ect got installed. I don't know if spending more money is an option, the car still needs a clutch and install, and a tune. All that still requires a good chunk of cash. So the question is, is the utec that bad?

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

when i had a UTEC, i used to go to a different tuner... the car would run great when i left the shop but within a couple days, it would start to ping whenever i went WOT... it was so bad that i would be worried about flooring the pedal... maybe scott's tune won't do this... ask for his recommendation.

7. T-Boy

T-Boy Member

thanks for the help....i will talk to scott more.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

There's always topspeed too. I had my clutch installed there and definitely saved some cash over the dealership. They've got a good reputation as far as tuning goes too. I'm not saying they're better than The Seigel, but it's another option you should look into.

9. T-Boy

T-Boy Member

i will give them a call......thanks