My baby is hurt.. :o(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by seeingred, Feb 9, 2007.

1. seeingred

seeingred Member

Hey guys. I was driving down Peachtree Pkwy at the intersection of Peachtree Pkwy and Holcomb Bridge, this *&^&(&^* decides she wants to get into the right turning lane from the far left turning lane. I tried to avoid her, I braked hard - the car skided upon impact and hit two other cars. My car is hurt so badly now. Anybody know how to make her pay dearly for it? Obviously I want to get my car fixed. I also want to get it fixed nicely without me having to pay 1 cent for it. Please advise.. Thanks...

P.S This sucks....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

ouch dude sorry..

3. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

sorry to hear that
    for sure it can be fixed and be as pretty as yesterday

"itll buff right off" :0

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

oooooh....was everyone ok atleast...cars can be repaired

5. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

ouch! one call thats all! get a laywer and get em!

6. Demo24

Demo24 Member

If you have a police report and shes at fault then you should not have to pay a cent. Her insurance should cover it, and if it doesn't then sue the heck outta her.

7. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

There are other methods (evil laugh) jk

Yeah get a lawyer.

8. flip

flip Member

Yah, make sure you have all of her insurance information. If she got a ticket and you did not, she will be considered at fault... If this is the case it should be streight forward. You simply need to contact her insurance company and get the OK to take your car to a shop and for them to get you a rental. You should need to pay NOTHING out of pocket... If they give you ANY problems you may wana get a lawyer...

Getting a lawyer has its ups and downs. They may get you more money, but they also take some of it. I don't think it's worth it to get a lawyer unless you were hurt or the insurance company refuses to pay for your repairs...

Let me know if you have any questions. I've been through this many times.

9. seeingred

seeingred Member

yeah...

yeah.. i called SOG yesterday and spoke to Neil. He recommended AutoGlo. You guys have experience with the place? Also, is there any way that I can gain out of this accident? The stupid &)*(&(*^ needs to pay for all this trouble and pain she has caused.. Plus my baby won't look the same!!!!

10. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

you told me you cant sleep because your back and neck is hurting and now its interfering with your s3x life

11. keevo54

keevo54 New Member

Yes, you can ask for diminished value and should get a moderately sized check from her insurance

12. seeingred

seeingred Member

diminished value

how do you assess what the dimished value be? Also anybody has experience at AutoGlo?

13. WJM

WJM Banned

Lawsuit will have positive gains as long as you get an excellent lawyer and all of the evidence is in your favor to start with.

Thats a fair bit of damage.

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

umm, the diminished value of my car was 183 dollars. don't count on that. not sure what part of town u live on but magnum did an unbelieveable job on my car, they just assigned me their worst service manager. but contact her insurance company, they will handle it. and if u didn't complain about pain at the scene of the accident it might be hard to get any compensation without a lawyer.

15. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

exactly what i was thinking. diddo

16. T-Boy

T-Boy Member

wrecks always suck no matter how bad.....good luck

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

my buddy works at magnum collision in Marietta....Was yours the silver WRX there a couple weeks ago?

18. seeingred

seeingred Member

no...

I towed mine to Autoglo. They seem like nice guys and called to tell me that the car got there OK and even arranged for a tow guy to pick it up at my home, etc. First impression is good. They say that they have about 10 Scooby's at their collision center now.

BTW, I posted a thread on NASIOC as well. This forum and NASIOC is a whole world of difference.

1. People here actually give advice versus criticizing you over there
    2. People here actually care about their cars and want to help you out with yours
    3. People here are LOCALS!

Nice work guys! Thanks to all who have supported.

My scooby ain't gonna be the same! But the Autoglo guys seem to think that it WILL!

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It is possible to gain, but it is a risk. Take your car to the most expensive place to get an estimate for repair. Send that estimate to her insurance and have them cut you a check. Find a cheaper place to get repaired.

Get highest Estimate
    Have insurance cut you a check
    Get repaired at cheaper place
    ???
    Profit

Only problem is if there is more damage when they start ripping the car apart. If insurance cuts you a check, that is it. If they pay the repair place directly, when the repair place starts pulling the car apart and addition damage, they can add that on to Claims Adjusters estimate.

20. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope that everything will work out OK for you....

Mark

21. techlord

techlord Active Member

PM me your email and I can send you a ebook I got for settling your own auto accident case. I was rearended which makes it all the more easier, however I did tear my ACL and did 3mo's of physical therapy. I also had a buddy in the same situation (rearended) and he used a lawyer and I got triple the payout that he did and I got it 6mo's sooner. I never went to court, never paid a penny, and never met the insurance rep, and the car was taken care of, I got reimbursed for all missed work, all medical bills at cost even though I used ins., and had 3 servers in the trunk I was returning to my customer that were demolished and they paid that at 5 X's the cost I could purchase for. Never got squat for the depreciation as it seemed too hard to prove. Hold out for max pay!

Oh, and glad that you are okay.

22. seeingred

seeingred Member

PM sent. Look forward to it.

23. techlord

techlord Active Member

on it's way. :)

24. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Good luck with it. You can always ask the guys at the shop to substitute parts :) If there is something that costs maybe a bit more or a bit less that is aftermarket and you want it...well either pay a tiny bit more out of pocket and have them slap it on there. For instance, tranny is fubared and the 5 speed cost 4000 but the 6 speed is 5000 pay the extra 1k and get a 6 speed. Just an example. Or headlights, maybe you want some nice new projectors and the cost difference is $100, fork it out and get some nice new projectors. Just a thought.

25. seeingred

seeingred Member

OK.. more news

Okay.. Finally got the police report. and it states that it was her fault. No surprises there. Just needed it to be official. In any case, to speed things up and to get my baby fixed quickly (she is not getting any love on Valentine's day), I am going to file the claim through my own insurance company and let them figure out how to get the money from the girl's insurance company since they have not claimed liability.

I need to go to the doctor for a check-up to make sure that an old man like me still has all the bones working.

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its your insurance co. job to get the money out of her co. Its their job to give you a fat check too :)

27. seeingred

seeingred Member

So, I got the car back. It is as good as new until you pay attention to the finer details. The alignment is as good as new at least thats what my initial impression is like after not having the car for the last month +. Will post pics of what I mean...