Moving to Savannah area

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by reconracer, Feb 12, 2007.

1. reconracer

reconracer Member

Whats up guys I'm currently in Fairbanks, AK, on 1 March I will be making the long drive from here to Fort Stewart most likely buying a house in Richmond Hill. Just saying whats up and looking forward to some local meets. Here's a few of our small meets here in the summer about 11pm-midnite.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

sweet my parents live in richmond hill (my dad is a builder in that area). and I grew up in the Savannah area. you're gonna love it. anyways, talk to Hazzard (Ben) on here he usually organizes a few of the meets in the Savannah area.

3. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

welcome reconracer.

we are in the process of getting everyone down here back together. we have several people in the military that are either at Hunter AAF or Ft. Stewart. I am also trying to get more people down here on the forums so we have better communication.
    I will work on getting something together in March so you can meet all of us.

-Ben

4. reconracer

reconracer Member

when I get down there I'll help out, I started alot of subaru meets here really enjoyed doing it. here's a clip of a little something i put together, it's unedited and still converting more clips, but this is what we do when's it cold and snowy.
    [​IMG]

5. savsuby

savsuby Member

welcome!!!! I live in Savannah to. You well love it down here. We have alot of cool guys in Savannah.

6. reconracer

reconracer Member

More vids from Alaska

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. suby113

suby113 Member

Ya hey whats up man ! I also live in the SAV and yes we are currently working on getting whats left of the crew back together again. Alot of the guys that were with us left for Iraq since they are in the military which leaves a few of us still, but hey welcome!

8. reconracer

reconracer Member

I leave here on the 1st and wrx gets shipped on the 7th of March. Anyone good at working on subies there I do my own work first car I've ever worked on, can't really mess up bolt on.

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Man I miss those meets in Savannah and stuff. :( WA frikin SUCKS sometimes....

Have fun down there man. It's almost time for the good season too, spring... you'll love it if you like nice weather. But be prepared for hell in the summer.

That was pretty sick to think of it being daylight at 11:30 at night. Nice looking setup on the rex too mang. :bigthumb:

10. reconracer

reconracer Member

It's pretty crazy coming out of the bar at 3 in the morning and it's light out, oh yeah north pole is south of me.

11. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Dude the days are so long down there in the summer time. Nothing like the pitiful crap we get up here in WA. Can't wait to leave this pathetic state.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Awesome, welcome to the community

13. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

yeah, i do my own work. i just moved into a house with a 2 bay garage, so i have room to work now. another subi enthusiast who autocrosses with me and i usually get together for the more difficult stuff (clutch, timing belt).

once i get setteled into the house, i plan on getting an install day together for all of us. probably within the next month or so. i will keep everyone updated.

14. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

You lucky beastid! Just kidding bro... congrats on the tight setup though for real... which admittedly probably sounds pretty simple to some people, but I would just about kill for a 2 car garage these days. My tools have officially started hating me for not using them in the last couple of months. :(

15. reconracer

reconracer Member

I got a clutch, flywheel and ra gears that are gonna need an install, stopping by world one performance and maybe pdxtuning on my journey to GA, too bad it's in my truck and not my rex that would be an awesome 4200 mile rally course, see you guys in about 2 weeks I'm outta here tomorrow

16. reconracer

reconracer Member

Made it to GA. I will be moving into my new house on the 4th on Honeycreek Ln. in Hinesville, I'm currently hanging out in Jacksonville till then. Housewarming party TBA probly when I pick up my rex from wherever it gets dropped off at then finish the final installs and tuning at topspeed.

17. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

Welcome to the Family Reconracer. :slap:

18. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

welcome to Georgia.
    if you get your car back in time and can make it, there is an autocross next sunday (4/1) at armstrong state university off of abercorn in Savannah.

so far it looks like there will be at least 3 of us participating.

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

in what parking lot are they gonna do an autocross at armstrong Ben? all the parking lots i'm aware of are either not that big or really gravely.

20. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

the new one that is in front of what i thing is the admin building. if you are coming from george town/richmond hill, it is the lot on the right after you pass the traffic light to get onto campus.

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

oh the new one. ok still not that big.

22. reconracer

reconracer Member

My car is in Charleston ready for pick up, but I will be towing it to Topspeed for tuning and install, but that will probly be sometime after the 4th when my household goods get here, got some parts in there that need installed, didn't plan on my car getting here before my household good since i shipped my hhg 3 weeks before the car on the 7th of march. weird see you guys around, i got a maroon f-150 that has says ssg sullivan and i support the stryker brigade on the tailgate