Mountain Run - Anyone? :wavey:

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Masterwoo, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Masterwoo

Masterwoo Member

Mountain Run - Anyone? Saturday 3/10?

Hello there...

Disclaimer:
    1. My WRX is old (bought it five years ago) and it has very basic "mod" if you can call it. So it is not fast.
    2. I have only done the mountain run only once. Anyone remember my wife hanging out of the window taking videos?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36VyHgc2r6c

The good news:
    Just learned the wife is taking the baby to a bridal shower and that means I get to do whatever I want.. Yes, I am once again the King of my domain :bowdown:

Anyway, thinking of going up 400/19 and do a little mountain run mid day. If anyone happens to be checking this thread and happens to be free tomorrow (Saturday)... Would love to see a few other Subarus.

Just an idea.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

What time you heading out?
    I may sneak away if I can for a little bit :)

3. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

I'd be down for doing the mountain run. What time are you going?

4. Masterwoo

Masterwoo Member

Sweet! I am in Norcross and my freedom will starts from around 11:45am......But I am open to suggestions.

Are you guys near this side of town or could we meet at that Home Depot parking lot on 400 (I think it is on exit 14)? Would you guys be able to make it at around 12:30 or 1pm ish?

5. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

I'd meet you at the home depot. Do you guys have walkies and do you know the roads up there?

6. lostinthewoods

yes and yes. I am not a definite, but will try to sneak out for a bit. :)

7. Masterwoo

Masterwoo Member

I gave away my walkie talkie.. Do I need to pick one up? If you are with Cingular or the new AT&T, we can call each other for FREE on speaker phone.

I have GPS on my phone so I will not get lost. Given you guys are much faster than I, I will have to keep my 18s on for tomorrow. Wouldn't want to put back the stockers and be any slower... I need all the edge I can get.. Maybe I should also consider removing my spare tire and rear doors ;-)

8. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

I'll be taking it easy, because there's a lot of cops up there right now. I'm going to pick up a pair of walkies tommorow morning at 11:00 in lilburn. Masterwoo do you want to meet up in norcross sometime after that so that we can ride up there together?

9. Masterwoo

Masterwoo Member

Valentin,

That sounds good! Do you know where the Forum is? How about we meet up at the BB&T bank (on the other side of CVS) on Peachtree Parkway and E. Jones Bridge Road by around 11:45am. Then we can drive up to Home Depot by 12:30pm on 400. We can wait there a bit for Keith and anyone else.

In the interest of taking it easy, I will keep my rear doors and put on the stockers to keep my super fast (jk) Blue Goose at regular speed. ;-)

See you there!

Tim

10. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

I'll be there.

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

My g/f is going to a baby shower today also... around 12...

12. lostinthewoods

You heading up there james, i mean greg :)

Looking slim right now for me, but who knows.

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

I want to bad, but I have to setup for this damn shower...

14. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

The mountain run was a lot of fun. Masterwoo was driving his wrx very well. :bigthumb: I could barely keep up in mine w/ modded suspension. :rofl: Good to see you lostinthewoods, sorry you had to leave early.
    I'll probably go back there sometimes during the next week. Anybody wanna go? (hint: Greg)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  15. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

any po po?

16. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

not on the loop. We saw some cop cars driving by the walmart but that's about it.

17. Masterwoo

Masterwoo Member

It was a lot of fun! We lost our fearless leader a quarter of the way. He had to go... Not sure what he told his wife, but I need to get a copy of those explanations myself for future references. ;-)

Thank you for the kind words Valentin - as they say, it ain't the driver but the car. May be the stars aligned and it just ran extra good. (Ezio - do you know why the Blue Goose shined today?).

Valentin, were there happen to be any good video footage to share with the community? Thanks buddy!

Tim

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007