New to the boards...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tward653, May 5, 2005.

1. Tward653

Tward653 New Member

Hey guys, just thought i'd make a post since I'm a new guy. I had a 2000 Civic SI that got stolen at the end of March and I decided to upgrade my car with the insurance money. I just got my WRX almost two weeks ago and I love it. I'm a sophomore (almost a junior) at Ga. Tech, and uhh.. yeah... here are some pics.

Leftovers of my civic:
    http://www.gttx.org/~tward/cartheft/index.html

The upgrade: :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Tyler

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Your car looks great. Welcome to the club. There are alot of get 2 gethers planned for the next few weeks so hopefully you will be able to come out and meet some of us. Sorry to hear about your old car getting stolen. Aren't you worried about it happening again, especially considering that the WRX is a more desireable car and how easy it is to break into one. Oh well, welcome once again.

Just looked at your old car pics and all I can say is WOW. I have never seen such a good job at stripping a car. That is nice that they added the stickers for you though, there own personal touch. Very nice.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

[​IMG]

Guess who's STi that is :)

I'm gonna move this to the Newb forum. Ive been meaning to figure out who owned that WRX. It showed up recently in the lot behind our houses, and out infront of you guys. Glad to know you're a neighbor.

Send me an IM if you get the chance--alex6speed.

4. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

(That lot looks so empty with only one WRX in it Alex :( ) Nice to meet you Tyler. I used to drive by and wonder whose Si that was and where it's been recently. I also live next door to you (hence the name). Welcome to the forum =) Nice choice of upgrades too. Hopefully we'll see you at one of the get togethers soon.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome buddy!! sorry about your loss..everythings seems to have turned out pretty good though

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

hey buddy.....good lookin new rex.....welcome to the club....hope to see you in the near future meets....

7. Tward653

Tward653 New Member

Id love to come out to a meet. I'll do what I can though. Im going to be working non stop for the next 2 weeks and then im headin to Argentina for the summer but definitely once school starts back up again.

8. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

welcome to the board, hope u can make some of the g2g in the future

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Damn, I remember seeing your SI parked over on east last year.

I'm pretty sure I've seen your rex around campus too, welcome to the club!

10. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

welcome welcome!:bigthumb: i actually was recently in the market for a wrx too. it just so happens that i got to test drive your car at SoG probably a day or two before you bought it. it looks dead sexy with the painted side skirts and whiteline springs.:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

11. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

i was pretty sure that thing was lowered
    welcome my man, if you arent busy on the 21st come to the headlight/install/uninstall/cookout/hangout day at my place in dunwoody. it will be interesting to say the least!

12. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

by the way, that is the most amazing job i have ever seen, granted i have never seen anything like that before, but damn. Thats what you call getting bamboozled and hoodwinked!

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea those were some professional thiefs

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well you have to consider its a civic si which means they can sell literally everything...

15. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

looks like they did that just that.

16. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Welcome and I am sure right now, you're almost willing to thank the pit stains that stold the civic...:p

17. Tward653

Tward653 New Member

Heh, yeah the guys even took the freakin trunk release lever and other random crap like that. they took everything. And I am definitely going to try and come by the get together on the 21st, I have to wait and get my work schedule first.