Turner Field, Sunday

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by clemsonscooby, Mar 12, 2007.

1. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Awesome! Another noob...join the club. ;)

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/registera.aspx?Max=199&CSN=true&SMI=true&EventID=2622

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

cool, see you guys out there. I am in the morning in the first run group. I should be available for the 2nd run group, which seems to be the group that most of you are in, if you want someone to ride along with you.

--
    Brian

3. EodSTI

EodSTI Member

how do u know what class you are in- have a stock sti practically but have no idea where to sign in- like what class i would be in
    Big nemb it's practically tatooed on my forehead!
    Priest

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if its your first time, u can sign up in novice... if i remember correctly, N1 is novice morning and N2 is novice afternoon...

if u wanna run in class and if your car is stock, then u should sign up in A-Stock

5. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

With his listed CAI, that would put his car in STU or BSP. You are correct on N1 being morning and N2 being afternoon.

--
    Brian

6. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

thanks for all the advice guys! i ll definitely be coming early to check out the track and figure everything out haha see ya'll there!

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

If you are running street tires in a non ST class (stock or street prepared class), there is a street tire challenge, that you can participate in by putting STC in your model. Putting "WRXatl STC" would put you in both the WRXatl challenge and the STC challenge.

--
    Brian

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Schedule:
    8:00 - Gates Open, Morning Check-In Opens, Tech Opens
    8:30 - Course Open for walking. Morning Check-In Closes
    8:45 - Tech Closes
    9:00 - Course Closed
    9:15 - Workers must be at their station
    9:30 - First car off

12:00 - Afternoon Check-In Opens. Tech Opens
    12:30 - Course Open for walking. Afternoon check-In closes
    12:45 - Tech Closes
    1:00 - Course Closed
    1:15 - Workers must be at their station
    1:30 - First afternoon car off

Run Groups for Points #1

Morning:
    Run group 1: [​IMG]AP, BP, BS, CSP, DSP, FS, FSP, GS, SS
    Run group 2: [​IMG]BSP, CM, DM, EM, EP, ESP, SM, STU

Afternoon:
    Run group 3: [​IMG]Indexed class
    Run group 4: [​IMG]F125, AM, AS, ASP, BM, FM, HS, ST2, STX
    Run group 5: [​IMG]CP, CS, DP, DS, ES, FP, FSAE, SM2, STS

--
    Brian

9. tekintl

tekintl New Member

10. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

FYI: Registration closes at 11:59PM tonight, so if you want to go on Sunday, be sure to register now. Payment is done on-site for this event.

11. WJM

WJM Banned

I'll be there...but looks like in an 04 WRX (Ashley25's car!) for the event...unless I can get the AEM tuned on the RX.

12. Ashley25

Ashley25 Member

:wtc: Soooooo not fair. I can't wait to race again:wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

13. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

hey just wondering if anyone knows things i should check for or remember to bring for tomorrow? i ll be up tonight reading all the material for newbs online so i ll check back, TIA!

14. WJM

WJM Banned

Well, I got the MS tuned to where I felt comfy autoxing it...but...Ashley has forced me to take her car instead. ;)

15. WJM

WJM Banned

Oh and I'll be in ESP.

16. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Get everything out of your trunk/glove box/center console before you leave for the Auto-X. Take the floor mats out of your car too!

17. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

good stuff, thanks! totally didnt remember that...also anyone know what is a good tire pressure to run at the autox? i run 36f/32r for daily

18. eyeballs

eyeballs Member

Can't wait for 1st race of the season! I hope everyone didn't drink too much green beer.

19. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

had THE time of my life out there today. big thanks to brian and milo helping me out A LOT! i cant wait for the next event in 2 weeks! anyone know when the results will be posted online?

20. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Usually pre-prelimnary results will be posted with in 24 hours (it's just some rough results). They will in the www.soloatlanta.com/forums under announcements. I'm glad we have another addict!

21. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

good to see you guys out there :) I had a ton of fun today. Hope to see you guys at the next event in 2 weeks. It is at GCFG next time.

--
    Brian

22. WJM

WJM Banned

Yeah...I doubt Ashley's car will pass sound...so I'll either bring out the RS in STX/STU/DSP/SM...or the outback in SM...

OR...

*drumroll.....*

If I put an STi muffler on the RX, so it wont hit 103 dB on the meter...I'll run it!

23. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I had a blast today! Huge, huge thanks to Brian for riding along with me and Mere, Tom and all the others for the advice. I'll be out there in 2 weeks. :D Great seeing everyone out there.

24. eyeballs

eyeballs Member

Good to see so many subarus out there today. I can't wait make use of my annual tech sticker next event! 10 minutes more sleep.

25. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:D

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I had a blast hobblin' around and catching up with a few members :)

27. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Yeah, great event. I got a chance to talk with a lot more people than normal due to all the extra time we had during the second run group because of the coolant spill and timing issues and what not... It seems like we will have a few more permanent addicts.

28. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

;)

29. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I couldn't make Sunday, but I sure had a ball Saturday! Too bad my best time was a measly mid 44... :wtc:

30. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

there's nothing like getting your AWD to powerslide over a hip!! Good times.
    I didn't really talk to too many folks, but i saw the regs. 2 weekss, really? Wow, that's soon.

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i didnt run but it was awesome hanging out with everyone and riding along with stillslow and tal

32. Tal

Tal Member

I had a great time - the car felt good and I fought the 35R boost shocks quite well...
    For me it is a continuous battle between smoothness and... FUN - I am much faster when my rational says "take it easy and clean" rather when it goes "do the Solberg maneuver..." :)

Thanks for coming out and making this a great event.
    Brian - thanks for the tips

33. Tal

Tal Member

Can someone clarify how to enter the street tire (STC?) and the WRXATL competition?
    where and what do you have to enter in the time of registration to enter both?

34. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

when you register, type in 'WRXatl STC' in the model

35. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Thanks for the rides. Your car makes some crazy power when the boost kicks in. Hope to see you out at the next event,

--
    Brian

36. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

w00t!! I was the second fastest Subaru of the day. Meredith, you are getting very good!

37. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Here are the PAX and raw results from the pre-preliminary results, filtered for the wrxatl entries:
    [​IMG]
    Too bad SM pax sucks... nice runs though! The wider tires looked good on your car. If you were in ESP then you would have been 2nd in pax.

If I missed someone, let me know and I can add it.

--
    Brian

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  38. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

No one ran STX?!?!

39. WJM

WJM Banned

No, I didnt bring the Outback. LOL

40. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

saw some nice sti's and wrx's... i joked around with stephen aka alex, but he hadnt recognized me. anyway, ill see you guys at the next event.

41. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i think i might have seen ur car out there

42. Tal

Tal Member

43. eyeballs

eyeballs Member

Yea it looks like she was faster than Jay in the s2000....craziness.

Sweet, I got 2nd in subaru pax. Gotta love ESP!

It really sucks driving around with no music. When that amp goes back on I'm making sure that sucker will not budge. Thats if it even works, I haven't hooked it back up yet.

44. Meredith

Meredith Banned

No No, Jay certainly kicked my ass, he was on hankook street tires, so he would have been 1 to 1.5 seconds faster than me ;). Him and Tommy Pulliam are still running 1.5 to 2 seconds faster then me so I still have some learning to do. The first 2/3rds of the course was very transitional which I really love, however Jay would really nailed that final 1/3 especially into the final element before the lights (and by nailing i mean he was sideways). It was really great to see everyone out there!

45. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Thanks a lot for posting that! This was my 3rd run, and I tried launching it hard off the start and had too much speed to get the car around the first turn properly. Once I was off line, the gravel made it impossible to recover. But, I felt like I nailed the rest of that run, getting a 55.481 with the spin :)

--
    Brian

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  46. KaamaCat

KaamaCat Member

Meredith.....excellent job there.....! (I know you do darn great at the other CCA events).

BobR

47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

eyeballs: were u the one with the redline windshield banner?

48. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

No, eyeballs has the white car with gold wheels. His name is Eric. I think the Redline banner guy was 4th in our class. He had the bronzish stockers.

49. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Thanks for posting this Brain. Looky at me bringing up the rear for my first event. :D For anyone who is confused, Frederick C is me (aka Clay). ;) I'll knock those times down. Gosh, what a blast, I've been replaying the course in my head since Sunday. I can't wait for April 1st.

50. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Anybody have pics from the event?