Moved...

Discussion in 'Latest Spin Forum Archive' started by roorunner, Apr 16, 2005.

1. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Just got to Japan and so far i'm loving it. There are so many cars that I have only heard of and never seen (can touch) that It's like a dream. I will be purchasing a car as sson as I settle in and can't wait. If there are requests I will try and get pics or cars and Japan. As soon as I get a chance to go car shopping, I want to hit the dealerships first to see what is new. I WILL be going to the Subaru dealership, if for nothing else, to buy parts for my car in the states.

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Um...STI S203, Skylines....anything really cool we can't get here. Just for kicks, try to get prices in American. I would love to get a right side driver and bring it here...

3. roorunner

roorunner New Member

There are Skylines EVERYWHERE. Will look for the STi's, they are alittle harder to find. Just saw my first Legacy B4 ... really nice car.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Make sure you add about $20,000 for the import fees.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

by the way, did u just recently get a vf39 installed and tuned by scott?

6. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Why yes I did :)

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

And a set of JICs? :)

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

how do u like it... i am getting the same combination... in fact the vf39 is at deadbolt getting ported and polished right now...

also did u end up dynoing it before u moved to japan?

9. roorunner

roorunner New Member

I like the JIC's, but need a new tire to get some of the 'bounce' out of them, just a *little* more than I want.

I will be hitting the dyno when I get back on leave. I didnt have time to do it before I left. I left for Japan 30 hrs after the install.

10. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Got to go to Motegi and see the F1 race there. It was a 300 so it wasn't to bad. The crowd was FANTASTIC and the vendor areas were as good as any big import show that I have been to. There were 'Car Girls' EVERYWHERE!!! Their outfits made me think bad thoughts. We got alot of attention at the races and had people buying us beer the whole time ... nice!

There was an area for US Muscle. There were 11 cars ranging from the late 60s to mid 70s ... Challengers, Roadrunners, Mustang (real race/track car ... not a repo), Cameros and some others.

On the ride, I met a guy who knows some races from Yokohama. I got to see one of the illegal 'Time Attack' courses, an area that recently got shut down because of street drifting and Japans largest used autoparts centers. Unfortunatley, I was to early to see the racers and their cars (they hang out at an icecream shop) and the store was closed ... oh well, better luck next time.

I also met a girl drifter ... I'm in luv :) She works here now and she goes to school. Hopefully she can teach me a few things, and where to go when I need a car fix. She is going to show me her ride sometime this week, she shares it with her brother.

Will be riding the Bullet train tommorrow ... that should be fun. Will FINALLY be getting set up tommorrow ... wrecking yard scrounging in the next week or two!

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wow... seems like a lots goin on there... now i wanna go to japan

hope ur taking a lot of pics :bigthumb:

12. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Wow ... things are really looking good. The bullet train rocks, Kure is nice, I'm living right on the inland sea, I look out my window and can see the waves :).

Went to see the Japanese Blue Angels, can't remember what they call themselves, but they were fun. Went to Hiroshima, had fun, but will have to go back to go dancing, the clubs are there, not where I am.

Found out my work car is a Legacy, goooo Subaru!!!

13. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Awesome! Sounds like a fun experience, take plent of pics if ya can!