Royal Subarau in Decatur

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Galimore, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Galimore

Galimore Member

I've been to Royal Subaru a total of five times now for regular maintenance work and have been pleased. The service manager Lydia is very friendly and helpful. It is a combo Isuzu/Subaru dealership but their service department handles mostly Subaru. Don't see many other WRX's around since everyone's at SoG (I would too if Royal wasn't 3 minutes from my apt). Only gripe I have is that one time my oil cap was left sitting on top of the battery after an oil change but I noticed it fairly quickly. Still, if I was going to have any work done beyond regular maintenance I would take mine to SoG.

2. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i have a CEL. i'm bringing it in tomorrow, 3.29.07, to get the CEL looked at. i'm still under warranty.
    1. are they cool with me having a cat-back? is that an issue with this dealership?
    2. do we have any folks on here that work at Royal? i'd feel better talking to a bratha of the church of WRXatl.
    SoG is just so far away. i used to work up there so it was easy to brint it in, but now i work at 75 & 285. i live 5 min. from Royal, but i bought my first subi there and the service was CRAP. they broke my e-brake handle off and told me they weren't responsible for the damage. their reasoning was, if they took the car on a test drive they got a flat tire would i hold them responsible for that? HELL YEAH I WOULD! that was the old dealership, though. Classic i think was the name. i'm just scared, i vowed never to go back and don't want to eat my words. anyway, let me know what you all think. thanks!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  3. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

no one has any insight on Royal?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

from my brother's experience, royal was a great place for buying cars... no experience with their service department though... sorry

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

They are not what I would call mod friendly. I did talk to them about that when I bought my WRX there last year. They might give you some trouble but I don't have first hand experience with their service department.

Their sales department is top notch though.

If it was me I would buy my Subaru there and get it serviced at SoG. Which is what I plan to do since I bought mine there. :)

6. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

are you confusing royal with classic? the two are totally seperate dealerships

7. sm04subaruwrx

sm04subaruwrx Member

We got my first Subaru there and we had a good experience but then when we went there for service we weren't pleased. A couple of things went wrong with my first one that shouldn't have that weren't my fault and they gave my dad a bunch of crap about it. Then after working on it they would leave caps off and not tighten things all the way so things would mess up as we were driving it home so we would have to take it back. My dad took some of the parts that they had to replace to get a second opinion on them up at SoG and they disagreed with what we were told down in Decatur. We ended up buying my second WRX somewhere else and we aren't planning on taking this one for service there even though it's the closest dealership to us.

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

no, they first one was open for a long time, but it folded. i can remember the name. but then a newer one opened about 5 years ago i think. the first one was a subaru/buick dealer. they had on guy who know how to work on a subaru, the rest were all GM machanics. they were all bad people there. they sold me a used 96 LGT. i asked flat out if it had been in an accident the guy swore up and down no way at all. the next day washing my car the grill fell off, so i go in and talk to the only subaru mechanic there about the car and he told me he rebuilt the whole front end and it was a loner car from the south lake subaru dealership that closed down. i brought it back for a gasket recall of some sort. got back in my car and the e-brake did just that. but it wasn't their falt...
    you know what, i'm not going back. this is pissing me off all over again. i making the trek to classic.

9. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

See Ya Soon. Cant Wait To Meet You In Person

10. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

After they performed an oil change on my old WRX I ended up with a few missing front splash guard fasteners.