Anti lift kit (ALK) - any benefits ?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by goixiz, Apr 26, 2007.

1. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Does it really do a good job ? Is it really worth the $100

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Yes more caster.

Yes its worth $100 bucks

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

It's worth the money! Unless you're going to get serious with AutoX... It puts you in a class a wagon would almost never be competitive. If you want to enter one just for fun, nobody is going to bitch about it unless you beat them and take their points.

4. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

does the sedan and wagons have the same part
    wht years are compatible (if buying used)

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

From what Ive been told by anyone that owns them yes. In theory, what they do, is great. Ive never driven on one so I cannot really comment further, but Ive been debating buying one. I'm interested to see what others will say.

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

7. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

you could just go balls out and get the sti aluminum control arms for $400 that includes the ALK.

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Wont fit the wagon.

9. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I've had the Whiteline Sport ALK on my car for over a year and a half now. I LOVE it. It was the biggest improvement in handling for least money put in. They will fit any subaru (as far as I'm aware even forresters). It got of some understeer during hard corners and it made turn-in a lot sharper.

10. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

I have them on my wagon and I love the way my car handles.

Alex, I thought you have driven my car?

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They are well worth the money. I drove my buddies car and it was a night day difference.

Now my question is where the heck are you getting a ALK for $100 at? Most are $180+

12. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

I Had An Alk For Sale In The "for Sale Section And Only A Few People Pm'ed Me. I Still Have It For Sale And Am About To Put It On Ebay. $185.00. It Is Brand New And In The Bag Still.

13. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

^not to bust your balls, but turninconcepts.com sells the same stuff at the same price with free shipping so that might be why nobody has bought them

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

15. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

i have an antilift kit on my evo.... i dont know if its the same one/same function.

but dont think i'll miss it if i didnt have it.

16. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

They're well worth it. I've had mine on for... 3 years. Also, Bobby you CAN buy wagon-specific aluminum control arms from Subaru in Japan.

17. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Yeah or retrofit GC8 ones. They're becoming much more widely available nowadays. I remember 2 years ago they were going for almost 600 a set when the normal sedan ones were going for 400. Now they sell for half that.