front swaybar wrx wagon 26mm?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by jyang, May 2, 2007.

1. jyang

jyang Member

Is there a 26mm front swaybar for a wrx wagon?

So far I've only seen 22mm...!!!!!

2. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Honestly, with all the rear weight of a wagon that can potential sway, I would choose a rear sway bar before the front if you don't already have one. Have you visited gruppe-s.com yet. I have seen the largest whiteline selection there besides the whiteline website of course.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I haven't seen any 26mm front for a wagon either. I think you are right that they only go up to 22, but I may be wrong.

4. jyang

jyang Member

I already have a 24mm on the rear. The car I bought came with it.

According to siegle's article at sogperformance.com I should be looking at 26mm or larger swaybars at the front..

Any suggestions?

5. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

It would be insteresting to see if you could use two bars at once. A VW owner told me that his 1.8T can use a second bar in conjunction with the first that is integrated into the rear subframe. Way to go VW for having a non-removable swaybar.

6. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

There's an article on Nasioc on how to use a 27mm from an STI. It just invovles switching out the endlinks.

7. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I believe goixiz has done it so he may be the one to talk to.

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

You got a link for that? I'd like to see it but dont feel like searching.

9. WJM

WJM Banned

Its easy.

Get the 27/29 bar for WRX sedan, and use the whiteline WRX wagon front endlinks.

I've done lots of these.

Direct bolt on.

10. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I had the 27/29 front with whiteline end links and still couldn't make it fit on the 04 wagon. So, I'm interested to know how you made it work. However, whiteline offers a 22/24 front wagon specifc (currently in place on mine) and that 24 is the highest i've seen for wagon fronts. Also the rear bars are identical for wagons and sedans

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I've heard of it being done using the Perrin spherical-ball endlinks, I guess because of the ball they can handle a little flexing. Never heard of mixing the sedan bar with wagon endlinks.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1004827
    It looks like thats what this guy used, except he used the Whiteline endlinks. I think I might ask my parents for this bar and endlinks for my birthday in 2 weeks.

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  12. jyang

jyang Member

+1 for Will. He put on 27mm whiteline in my 03 wrx Wagon :)

Now my car can pull some Gs without rolling/sliding and other bad things.

13. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Will, jyang,

Can you guys post some pics of how this setup looks?

I have heard so much talk about this, but I have never seen how it actually works......and I really want to do this on my wagon!!!!

14. WJM

WJM Banned

Umm...looks like any other swaybar....

15. jyang

jyang Member

haha I'll try to post a pic or two later.