2006 2.5i tranny

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by wiznutWRX, May 9, 2007.

1. wiznutWRX

wiznutWRX New Member

Hey guys,

I had a quick question. Does anyone know if the 2006 2.5i clutch is the same as any other year subaru? All I know is that the stock clutch is HORRIBLE!!!!!! I have an appointment at a local subaru dealership tomorrow to have it looked at, but I was already told by SOG that it is normal. I really need an aftermarket clutch but I cannot find anyone that makes a different clutch for my car. Please help.

Josh

2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I'm not sure about your year. It could possibly be the same as the 98-05 RS/2.5i clutches. Or they could have changed to the 06 wrx clutch. That should narrow it down a bit.

3. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

come check out my clutch, see if its any better/different. I know mine was really sticky at first, buts its worn in nicely.

Wait, are you in DC? Well, if you are ever in ATL, come check out my sport wagon

4. wiznutWRX

wiznutWRX New Member

I appreciate it. Yeah, I moved up here about a month ago so it will be a little hard to compare your clutch to mine. Hopefully the dealership up here will agree with me that the clutch does not feel right and give me a new one. We shall see.

Josh

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Is the 06 RS clutch push or pull?

[subliminal] sell me the wheels [/subliminal]

6. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

sell you what wheels?

7. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Wait, you want the wheels off a 2.5i?

What do you have to exchange?

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

[subliminal] porter's old svx wheels [/subliminal]

9. wiznutWRX

wiznutWRX New Member

Maybe. I still haven't decided what I am going to do with the SVX as of yet, but as soon as I do you will be the first to know. Oh, and I have no clue whether it is a pull or push type clutch.

Josh

10. wiznutWRX

wiznutWRX New Member

Well I just got back from the dealership and here is what transpired. The service guy said that the mushy feel of my clutch is the result of the clutch line heating up. He said that the line is rubber so his explination is at least plausible. He also told me that my clutch is a push type clutch. To remedy the situation he said that it might be possible for the STI clutch line to used in my car. Anyone have any thoughts? Also, since the clutch is a push type, are the any clutches from any other cars that I might be able to use?

Josh