Look at what happend to my poor car!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Intrigue2727, May 30, 2007.

1. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

I cant belive this happend to my car. I was making a left across peachtree dunwoody rd and bam, this lady fly'n down the turn lane

i am so pissed acar1.jpg

acar2.jpg

acar3.jpg

acar4.jpg

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

sucktacular. I'm sorry to see it man. Glad you're alright. From first glance though it looks mostly cosmetic, so I'm guessing it will just need a new hood and some body panels?

3. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

i hope so, the rf wheel is fine but someting is broke cause the left front is straight and the right is going to the left. the headlights are busted and the raditator is gone

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  4. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am sorry about your car...I hope that her insurance will pay it off quick and get it back to normal again.
    Crazy Atlanta drivers.....

Mark

5. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

they gave me the damn ticket

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

sounds like its time for a 10th st jdm HID upgrade to me

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

Her too? hope so then you can fight it out in court. I hate to see that happen to a suby.

8. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

That is ludicrous!!. Why???.

Mark

9. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

he said i did not yield when making a left

10. FACE

FACE Active Member

:wtc: Man I feel you pain...wrecked mine two months repair and 15k...

11. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

glad you're ok bro....that shit can get fixed:)

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Good to see you're still with us :)

Are your headlights still salvageable? If so, dont let the body shop have them. I'll work out a deal for ya ;)

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

That looks painful man. Glad that you didn't get hurt.

14. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

the headlights are busted up

but i am going to see if progressive will let me see what they are going to pay for parts and see if i can get some performance parts for less

15. WJM

WJM Banned

Ummm....better make sure there's no frame damage. Looks like there could be from here.

16. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I had an accident about two years ago, initially, looked very fixable, however, when the adjuster came out and started adding things up, the car was quickly totaled. Just an fyi...and if Will's suspicion of frame damage is correct, you will WANT them to total it out...

17. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

ive worked with progressive more than i would like to admit. this is how i had to do it. progressive sent me to a bodyshop that they said was ok. i told the bodyshop i would be ordering my own parts. i had to come out of my pocket for the parts. then when the car was done they body shop gave me a check for the remaining balance. i got paid back for all parts i bought and actually made some money. glad to see your ok.

18. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Does that turn lane have a yield sign? I know some of these turn lanes around atlanta have yield signs.
    Any witnesses?

Glad your ok. Best of luck with the ride.

19. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

I DON'T THINK IT DID, and i kind of think the frame is a little bent on the left side, but i hope not

20. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

that would be great, if the frame is not bent

21. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

ive been in a few of these. ive been the person turning that got blind sided and ive been the blind sider. when making a left across an intersection, if you don't have a green arrow and a wreck happens then you will always get the the ticket for failure to yield. when no green arrow is present then on coming traffic has the right away. its kinda like rear-ending someone and the person in back is always at fault.

22. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

dont forget to claim depreciation due to accident if fixable

23. FACE

FACE Active Member

yeah make sure the ins. company gives you a deminished value payment!!!

24. 7wolf

7wolf Member

its kinda like rear-ending someone and the person in back is always at fault.[/QUOTE]

that's not always true. i got rear ended when i owned my civic and i got the ticket for "pulling out in front of him".

Plus you really don't want to take your car to one of Progressive's shops. you'll never see it till it's fixed and the shop can use crappy aftermarket parts. you can take your car to any shop you want to. trust me, i use to do this for a living. pm me if you want any advise.

25. MercuryR1

MercuryR1 New Member

I was the guy in the Gray STI that offered you a ride. I'm glad you weren't hurt. Having been in numerous motorcycle wrecks and a few auto incidents, I can tell you that the shock and disgust of having a wrecked vehicle will fade in a few months and you'll become grateful that nothing major happened. You seemed to have a good attitude about it when I talked with you yesterday though so hang in there bro-bro. Chris

26. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

where should i have them send it?

yeah thanks for coming over talkin

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  27. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

the damage is 10,400.??( i only have to pay 1k ) the frame is bent to the left, so they are going to pull the motor and replace the sub-frames, so i guess it will just be whole new front end. and i hope everything will be ok

28. lostinthewoods

29. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

i get it back tomorrow

30. Brian

Brian Active Member

Hopefully you had rental car insurance.

31. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

i drove my dad's hemi jeep

32. lostinthewoods

what shop did you end up using?

33. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

a shop called absoulte auto body in snellville, they did a great job, matched the paint perfect

34. 1naplay

1naplay Member

sorry, is so hard to see it :(