n00b

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cruiseryan, May 25, 2007.

1. cruiseryan

cruiseryan New Member

Hi everyone.

I am ryan and i am new. I'll get my license back in about 6 months and i'm thinking of getting a wrx.
    HOLLA:coolugh:

I didnt see any wrx's really for sale in the classifieds though? Im not sure what my price range will be anyway, however i like STI's and i like front mount intercoolers even more. And clean. Like Zshawn Samani's, although he needs a front mount.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  2. Deke

Deke Active Member

Welcome to the boards!

You'd have much better luck looking for a wrx through the traditional means (dealerships, newspapers, autotrader). Even though this is a pretty good sized community, the people on here are enthusiasts and generally don't part with their cars unless neccesary :). If you do want to go the forum route though, I'd recommend Nasioc just because it has an ungodly amount of members (and thus more opportunities to find cars for sale). Know that I'm not by any means trying to turn you away from this board. It has the friendliest community of any forum I've ever been involved in and you will definitely learn a lot here. I'm just saying it's not the neccesarily the best place to be car shopping.

As for front mounts, just know that they are worthless unless you are also upgrading to a larger turbo.

Who is this Zshawn Samani that you speak of?

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i may have a 2000 RS with a wrx driveline swap for sale within 6 months

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

welcome to the family and good luck with finding a suby...I would suggest a Sti:bowdown:

5. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

welcome and enjoy.

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome aboard

7. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

I got a WRX a few months ago and found it on Autotrader. NASIOC is the best bet for forum shopping, but still local Atlanta cars there are few and far between. I wasn't willing to travel too much to get a car (can't check it out easily). I can also suggest AJCcars.com. Not as many / good as autotrader, but still a place to look.

If you are just getting your license back is a WRX/STI the best car for you? Insurance is going to be killer.

8. I'm Slow

I'm Slow Member

welcome

9. 1naplay

1naplay Member

welcome

10. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

Welcome.......yeah front mounts suck!!!! lol

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the community, good luck finding a car :)