STi rotors?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Cool_____, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Are STi rotors like 'substantially' bigger than the stock 04 WRX rotors? I got my new STi front rotors to go with the Brembos I bought from Doug and I tell ya those things are HUGE! I haven't gotten my brakes from Doug yet which should arrive today so I can't compare them to the 06 rotors that he included. Figured I would just ask you guys up front. I mean they are a couple inches bigger.

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

yes, I think they're at least 1" bigger

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I just measured them and they have a diameter of 13". Sound right? I think so because most Brembo BBK are 13". Isn't the STi considered the BBK?

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Sounds about right.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Man these rotors look so nice. They are all vented and everything. $187 shipped for the fronts which is a steal for 13" rotors. I'm gonna take some pics and post them later and if anyone is interested I'll post a review of how they work after I install them.

6. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

There is a brembo upgrade for the sti so do not confuse the two. Brembo was kind enough to offer us an 'upgrade' ;)

7. WJM

WJM Banned

They are HUGE compared to stock WRX.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

9. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Is there anywhere where you can find out what 17's fit them? I've got some OZ f1's but I'm not convinced they would be able to fit properly.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not that I know of. I just found tons of pics of STi's with Tarmac II's with the Brembos so I was convinced I won't have any problem. It will be a tight fit though!

11. sti37

sti37 New Member

that sounds about right