New to WRXAtlanta

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by johnding, Jun 20, 2007.

1. johnding

johnding New Member

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I am the happy owner of an 04 WRB STI. Just got it like 1 month ago and am about as happy as can be evertime I walk up to it and even happier when I hear the exhaust when I turn the key. I am a third time subie owner. My wife has a 00 Outback Leg and I sold a 97 GT that I originally was going to do a swap on but decided it would just be so much easier to get an STI instead. And while the wife was biting at the idea and with her being CFO of the family, I ran with the checkbook to pick one up, hehe. :naughty:

Anyways, the sti is stock for now. Needs new tires. Any suggestions there?

Only 16k on it. Pretty low I think. ANd with only a 3.5 mile drive to work , the milage should stay pretty low. I need to get out on the road as well. Any ideas out there as to where are some good drives in the north ATL area, I live in woodstock. I just moved here like a year ago and have only been up in the mountains once. I think I found one good drive but would love to hear anybody elses opinions on where are some good curvy yet straight roads to get some fun out of the suspension and turbo.

I would love to get more involved with the local subie owners groups and see some other cars to get some future ideas for mine. I am fairly knowlegable with the concepts invovled with the mechanics of these cars and can turn a wrench, but dont want to mess anything up without talking to some folks first.

So I am all ears.

Thats the jist of it all. Ya'll be cool

John

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

3. xpsi

xpsi Member

4. savsuby

savsuby Member

welcome

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Welcome and congratulations on the purchase.

Those are some real low miles. I drive an 06 and I have almost 17.5K on it already :(

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

+1

that is 2 really low mileage 04's that have shown up in the past few days

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah, haha, exactly what I was about to say.

Welcome to the boards!

8. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

:wavey:

9. 1naplay

1naplay Member

welcome

10. DustySTI

DustySTI Member

Welcome aboard!

11. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Congratulations on the purchase, I know you will enjoy it!

Please be sure to read the new member faq section to see if anyone has had similar questions ;)

Let me know if you any lighting questions ;p

Ak

12. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

welcome and enjoy

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome! Those are low miles... I have an 06' also with 30,000... :(

14. johnding

johnding New Member

Howdy all!

Thanks for the welcomes. Much appreciated. I am truely excited to have my new baby. I am grateful such a website exists especially locally. It will make things easier. I am sad I wont be able to join the mountain run this weekend as I have to work on Sundays. Anyone ever go out on Friday or Saturday?

I would love to get together with some folks too. I will keep my eyes open for gtg's in the area. Very suprised to see how many other sti's there are around here too.

I will post some pics of my non modded STI when I get a chance. I guess the x50 is a modification, hehe.

Laters

15. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

we have a g2g every other tuesday, you should definitely make it down sometime.

I am usually up in woodstock/town lake area about once a weekend so if you see a wingless bugeye wrx give me a wave

16. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

welcome aboard

i've had my car for 6 months and already put 10,500 on it ... when i bought it, it had 7mi :p