Dahlonega Mountain run on June 24th

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by xpsi, Jun 18, 2007.

1. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

guys be careful up there.

Looks like it'll be a nice toasty day up there.

2. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

forecast said its gonna rain/t-storm...

3. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

So are people still going up on Sunday? I think i can get off and would like to go. I'd rather do a mtn run than club wars no offense but autocross just isn't my thing. I noticed the first post talked about meeting at various locations including the dawsonville outletts at 9:30. I live close to there so i can make that. However later in the posting there is mention of meeting at dahlonega Walmart at 12. I am confused! What's the deal? I can make either meeting.

4. xpsi

xpsi Member

It's only 30% chance of rain. It will probably rain later in afternoon I believe. The outlets that we're talking about are the ones in 400, i dont know the name of the city there. lol

The correct time should be 9:30, some lazy friends of ours dont wanna get up at 8 in the morning, lazy bastards.

I'll pm you my number and yslbtt number just in case if you needed to get in touch with someone.

5. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

^^ what he said

joey quit jinxing us.

6. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Is there a Yaris listed as going!?

That's awesome

7. xpsi

xpsi Member

Yep, I wanna see how he does up there. hehe Hopefully I will have some footage.

8. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

my bad feelings never come true. so dont worry.

it wont rain.... too much. lol heh~

ok i'll stop.

9. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Yeah put me down for going, I'd rather go up there with a stock setup and alignment then with coilovers and no alignment, at least i know what the car will do this way.

10. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

yes as funny as it sounds yes. my friend with an evo said they went on a curvy road once and the yaris walked him lol it handles really well.

11. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

This I have to see, walking an evo in handling is quite a statement.

12. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

i know, it may be that hes just a bad driver :D

that thing has 97hp and 98 torque, he showed us the dyno sheet on importatlanta once... i think thats what it was... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

I'll be there and I'm bringing a few friends. Add the following cars:

06 SLK 280 :ddirty:
    06 WRB WRX :coold:
    89 RX-7 Gen 2 :eek:hnoes:
    02 Civic :naughty:
    06 Civic SI :D

14. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

holy crap, we're gonna need to block traffic for this parade of hotness!!! :wavey:

I count 25 so far...

15. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

damn thats a lot of cars.

16. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Trying to get my buddy with his s2k to come out again, he's in the same boat as greg, tires are a bit worn...I'll let you know

17. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Video!!!

I'm going to try and make a really nice video this time around...we're outfitting jason's car with 3 cameras, including two exterior lipstick cams. And I'll be bringing out my Canon XL1s to shoot exteriors of the cars and where we stop etc. Just to make a more interesting video than the usual mountain run stuff.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  18. senfinger

senfinger Member

Dawsonville (North GA Prem Outlets)

= )

19. xpsi

xpsi Member

Did I pm you my number? lol

20. xpsi

xpsi Member

I'll have mine with me, still trying to create a camera mount since I dont wanna spend $120 for one. But if needed one camcorder more I'll glaldy let you borrow mine.

21. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

we may need that cam to record onto from one of the lipstick cams, just need to make sure you have your av cables.

22. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

if i can somehow get mine stable, ill record it too.

23. xpsi

xpsi Member

If it's the one that comes with the camera that connects onto the tv. then yes, I will have that with me. If that's not the one, then i'm lost. lol

24. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

yep that's the one, it's usually an 1/8th mini that goes to 3 rcas, (video and L R audio). and lots of battery's. hehe

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

hmm, i guess i will be the grip for this ride since i'm not driving...

26. xpsi

xpsi Member

^^Nice!! I'm looking forward to this, I'll be over SOG @ 1 tomorrow getting an oil change. That's the only thing that I'm worried about.

27. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

yeah im sure some of you know it, but check your fluids, brake, oil, your pads, eveyrthing, also have a radio with sub channels, we have no means of communication up there except with radios... if you want, you can pair up with someone go to wal mart, buy two for like 30 bucks... its cheaper than buyin separate.

28. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I wont be able to make it, but I have a camera mount that mounts to any flat surface on the car. I'm more than willing to let somebody borrow it for some great footage!

29. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

yeah either i or xpsi will take it... if youre on sandy springs, xpsi can come pick it up or meet up with you. that'd be really awesome...

30. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

SLIGHT CHANGE OF PLANS:

The Evo owners are complaining that they dont get enough beauty sleep, so the time has been changed to 9.

We are meeting up in Smyrna at 9. Meeting up again on Holcomb Bridge at 9:30, then again at the outlet on 400 at 10:30 or earlier. Whenever we get there. Those will be the only stops we will be making. If you wanna go and cant meet on any of those, you can either catch us on the highway (you can ask me for my phone number and ill let you know how far up 400 we are) or you can just meet us at the outlet at 10:30.

If anyone is missing, there will be a 10 minute wait period for everyone. Those who are late can just meet us there as well.

Pm me if you need my phone number

31. AGL_7882

AGL_7882 Member

is holcomb bridge exit 9 or 10? and where on holcomb bridge r we meeting?

32. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

exit 7... there is a bank of america right by the exit, heading towards roswell... there is a big parking lot there.

there.

lol

33. xpsi

xpsi Member

Thanks God I went with the STI, you evo owners suck!! lol

j/k you guys are cool. Joey, have you made up your mind yet?

34. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

i have to work for a short while on sunday so i wont make it.

i even missed the birthday party and the autox cuz of it. :(

but i'll be free in the afternoon.

35. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

who "evo" all is coming?

36. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

"who" cares!!! jk,

we L-(o-v-e) (e-v-o)-L you guys lol

37. jayj713

jayj713 Member

just got back from the mountains with a couple of my friends. Saw a crap load of cops on the way there. And there were 2 cops on the run itself... I dont know the name of the highway but its the part where there is a 10mph u turn and then a 15mph uturn just a little bit farther on. The cops were right after the 15mph one, one with laser, the other with radar.

Anyways, i cant make it because of work but have fun guys. be safe!

38. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

was this near the hiking store on the way up the mountain. where the appalachain trail crosses

39. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

so what is the time that we're meeting? also, anyone decided what channel the radios are going to be on so we can go ahead and set them since most of us don't have most others phone numbers

40. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

depends where you are meeting us...check the very first post in the thread for more info

I say channel 7 with 00 on privacy, just throwing it out there

41. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

i think i'll most likely be meeting at holcomb bridge...does that mean 8 or 830?

42. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

830 as far as i understand, i'm gonna meet at windy hill at 8am so...i think that's right

43. Hey, me Jayj713 and someone else with a Z need to warn you about cops. During our run today, (I think 129?), We got lasered and KAed, our Radar Detectors didn't go off until the after the corner (I had a new V1 and other two had X50s...also I think they heard us coming and just waited to turn it on).

Oddly, the pointed at us and the cop nodded his head not to pull us over (we weren't speeding that much, I think he just saw the 350Z and didn't want to try in the Crown Vic)

Watch out and have fun!

44. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

45. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

damn evo bitches lol. cool cool

xpsi update the first post :)

46. xpsi

xpsi Member

yeah, those "evil" guys, beauty sleep ftl!

Next time that I make/create a thread about anything, be sure of everything first. They keep changing the times, and locations, i had to edit my post so many times. oh well. Please dont change to 8 later in the evening.

That is all..

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  47. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

48. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

bump for the heck of it

49. xpsi

xpsi Member

bumpity bump

50. xpsi

xpsi Member