ej20g swap into my MY00rs commences tonight!

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by scoobster, Jun 15, 2007.

1. scoobster

scoobster Member

Tonight I will be pulling my blown ej251 motor, and prepping for for the ej20g swap! Then the new motor
    should be in by next weekend! I'll be posting a updates regularly along with pix of the process. 15.7 1/4mile slips shall be no more! muhahaa :)

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

sounds fun.
    Take lots of pics and post 'em up.

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

awesome!! yea take a bunch of pics to share

4. scoobster

scoobster Member

So I didn't do a ton tonight. I thought I was gonna get the engine hoist tonight, but I won't be able to get it till tommorrow. so i just drained fluids, and started unbolting and pullin stuff that needed to come off.

the before shot!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my best friend ( PB blaster)
    [​IMG]

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

ur a/c looks like mine in that first pic....not hooked up.

actually mine is completely out of the car.

6. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I would die in this heat!

7. scoobster

scoobster Member

its not so bad without ac.

So today my friend still didnt bring the engine hoist, so I finished prepping the motor to be pulled and seperated it from the tranny.Then i'll finish pulling the motor tommorrow morning when he brings the hoist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing exciting or challenging now, but im sure I'm in a for a real treat when I put the jdm motor in, haha

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll be doing a similar writeup when I yank my motor. I'm still weighing pros and cons of ver7 or ver8 EJ207s.

+1 for JDM superiority.

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, as long as the car is moving its bearable. its when u get stuck in traffic that the swamp-ass starts.

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

yea, my a/c went out too. I'm getting used to it, but traffic is a Bia...

11. scoobster

scoobster Member

UPDATE

Sorry for no update people, my computer crashed shortly after pulling my motor, and Ive been waiting on my new motherboard to come in today. I got the motor and wiring harness out, sold my blown 2.5rs motor and purchased my ej20g motorset from nasioc with all sorts of goodies(frontmount,vf28,VOS chip,etc)! I should have some more pix up tonight if my motherboard comes in. The ej20g should be in next week.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  12. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

You'll like the VF28, its really a great bolt-on turbo. Should outspool a VF30 and a make just as much power up top.

13. scoobster

scoobster Member

Im gonna go with emanage ultimate. Who would be a good tuner to go to around here?

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

100% check out SS at Batlground, he has tuned 70-80% of WRXAtlanta :)

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

If you intend to have SS tune your car, you might want to call and ask him how he feels about the emanage ultimate unit. In the past, he hasn't been happy with emanage.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Greddy Emanage sucks. It's a piggy back that is very general and vague....the stock ECU tries to fight it.

17. scoobster

scoobster Member

so what do you suggest?

18. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

One of the more expensive routes would be a stand alone. I'm opting for a hydra when it's my time but that time will depend on when I can afford the bastard. How much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking.

Are you gonna merge the harnesses and keep the stock ecu? IF I were you I would go over to www.rs25.com/forums and find supermoose and ask if he has and ej20g ecu's you can buy off him. I assume you don't have to deal with emissions right?

19. scoobster

scoobster Member

Yea I go to rs25 frequenty, but I purchased my motor set for 1500. It comes with ecu, wiring harness,etc. Most likely what Im going to do, since I cant afford hydra or PFC is send my harnesses off to ECS to merged. The wrx ecu I have has a VOS chip.

20. scooby_snacks

Yeah that's probably the best plan. You won't need emanage or anything like that if you have ahold of the stock ecu + a chip. Not familiar about the VOS chip. How many miles did the motor have?

21. scoobster

scoobster Member

50k... guy bought it from an importer at 30k miles.. had it for 6 years and only put 20k miles on it. It was one of his numerous project cars. Seems that i picked up a pretty good deal, but only time will tell.

22. scooby_snacks

seems like a very nice deal, good luck with it all!