got the sti tuned

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by bjtyson3, Jun 28, 2007.

1. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

got the sti tuned today by scott siegel..car made like 291 whp and like 321 wtq....peak boost was moved from 4k down to almost 3k..it is prolly the best thing ive ever bought period..raised my boost to almost 20 lbs..its like 4th pulls almost as much as 3rd used to..i'd recommend it to anybody..scott has got to be the best tuner..batlgrounds is an awesome place too..ill be going back there for sure...

2. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

nice!!!

3. savsuby

savsuby Member

Thats good numbers man. Im getting my car tuned by Scott on monday.

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Nice meeting you briefly earlier. Sounds like a good tune.

5. flip

flip Member

So what all ya got done to make that power? I'm wondering how worth it it is for me to get tuning now...

6. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

+1 Any other mods?

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

^^ Fixed it for ya. ;)

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

Right on, it was nice meeting you yesterday. Hot as hell though! I am getting tuned by the GREAT SS tomorrow.

9. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

lol, thanks for making miss my car. and congrats

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

All you really need to make similar numbers on an STi is a turboback exhaust and tune.

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very nice...congrats

12. 1naplay

1naplay Member

13. RUTSPEED

RUTSPEED Member

When you say that, what exactly would a "tune" consist of? Does he have to have either an Ecutek reflash or a cobb accessport to accomplish said tune ?

I feel like such a moron with my Suby. I don't like Nasioc or I'm sure I could read some FAQ's over there, but being a honda guy previously, I'm a little lost... I basically ask Trey from IL about what to do and he's given me some direction but I'd love to learn more.

Thanks, sounds like good numbers.

14. DustySTI

DustySTI Member

Great numbers. I wish mine were that good.

I think battleground tunes both ecutek and accessport. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I talked to somebody there a long time ago and can not remember if they were doing protunes(AP) or not yet. I'll give you a comparison My car (06 STI) having catless dp and full catback with an accessport stage II put down 271 hp with 278 lbs torque (tq converted with formula.. thanks milo).

15. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

well if you have some time to kill, check this thread out

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

its a great read with more information in it than you would ever need to know

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

A tune that has been tailored specifically for your car would be required. So an ECUTEK reflash or Cobb Protune should get you in that ballpark. With off the shelf maps, you will suffer a little bit on performance, the loss getting greater with increasing modifications.

That being said, a lot of different systems could get you to those numbers. But not every system may run equally safe and consistent. For me, safety is the primary concern, consistency second and actual peak power on a dyno third.

Right now, my preferred system is Cobb.

17. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Hey Rick, when are you going to Batleground? I may go there during lunch to say hi if you'll be there around like 12:30 or so.

18. Don't feel bad, we've all started off somwhere :D

While I don't post much on Nasioc anymore (I enjoy this community more), there is a tremendous wealth of knowledge to be had over there...... if nothing else, look over those FAQ's, tons of info there..... everyone has their own opinions on some stuff, but it's a good starting point......

And nice numbers for the OP..... I'm in need of a Protune before too long, I can only hope mine will be as good :)

19. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

the car has only a few bolt ons..but as far as power..perrin turbo inlet,full perrin intake replacement piping with stock air box and a k&n drop in..hks hi power catback..invidia catless dp...and its ecutek'd..thats about it for now

20. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

thanks for stopping by!

I think the Seagull gave some advice to the Rut earlier today :)

21. FACE

FACE Active Member

nice numbers man I hope to be tuned before too long!

22. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Awesome!