Mazda Protege with Subaru hood scoop?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Sublime, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Sublime

Sublime New Member

I mostly lurk here and I'm not sure this is the right forum, but I saw the strangest thing this morning.

I live in Buford / Mall of GA area. This morning, on my way to work, I see what looks to be an '08 WRX sedan approaching me in the opposite direction. As it gets closer I start thinking something isn't right, is that a Mazda Protege... with a Subaru hood scoop?!? Then the guy behind the wheel gives me a wave. I was so bewildered I just froze and probably looked like a tool. As he passes I look in my rear view mirror and I'm almost positive at this point there was a Mazda symbol back there.

Anyone else seen this... hmmm... unique car?

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

I saw something similar a few years ago, but it was looking rough. I think it was a protege with several "Subaru" tack-ons, including scoop and emblems.

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Probably a Mazdaspeed Protege...see here:

[​IMG]

just added a hood scoop...

4. Sublime

Sublime New Member

It still looks rough :)

5. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

No, I have seen this car at Formula D. Its not even the Mazdaspeed, its just a Protege DX. Its a POS.

6. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

u should have snapped a pic dammit *for research*:rofl:

7. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

oh man, i was about to post something almost like this the other day.
    i always see this black vw golf with a gt front play infront of the vw emblem and this week i saw it on the other side of the road with a hood scoop on it, it does a u-turn and tails me all the way home and then turned around and went the other way...

8. Hughes8418

Hughes8418 Member

Is is blue?

9. Sublime

Sublime New Member

Yes... and it was coming from the direction of Dacula on Gravel Springs.

10. WJM

WJM Banned

Ive seen several hondas with WRX scoops on them.

11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

For research, lol. In deed this is a phenomenon

12. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

lol we should all start getting something ridiculous and see if ppl start copying it =P

13. 1naplay

1naplay Member

14. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

there goes the nieghborhood...

15. WJM

WJM Banned

Like...it started 4 years ago, and I still see more of them from time to time.

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm thinking it's an 06+ wrx.....they look similar to a protege.

17. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Definitely not. I am telling you I saw this thing at Formula D. The worst part about it was, under the scoop there was no hole! It was just a scoop mounted to the top of a hood. It wasn't even an authentic Suby scoop, because it was all stuby and ugly looking.